What's new

This is my confession, who will hear it?

OK, I have been wetshaving for over 6 months, but only with a DE for just over 5 weeks. Since I started DE shaving I have bought:

A futur (owned an HD for over a year)
12 packs of DE blades (3 packs of feathers I will be posting soon)
A Straight, 2 strops, whet stone
An artist club feather and 3 boxes of blades (since sold since I almost cut my ear off, Van Gogh I am not!)
Taylors Avocado
AOS sandlewood cream, balm, cologne and oil (no longer use oil)
AOS lavender start kit (with the small brush, own an AOS brush from over a year ago)
Trumper Sandlewood cream and cologne
Trumper Lime cream, cologne and skin food
C&E nomad cream, balm and cologne
C&E sienna cream, balm and cologne
C&E sandalwood cream, balm and cologne
C&E Almond oil cream X2 (they are d/cing it) and soap X 1
AOS unscented soap
Proraso soap
Proraso balm
Musgo balm
T&H 1805 cream and cologne
Thayers in all flavors
Razor stand and brush stand
Floris Santal
Decants from Rik X 5
Sample pack from Scotto
Ems Lime splash, face cream, cologne and body cream
Ems cucumber body cream
Ems sample pack of all her colognes

I think this all. Ahhhh, I feel better now!

I am not allowed to buy anything more, but I want to get the musgo shaving cream, the proraso shaving cream (got to see if it is different!) and love to smell the tabac stuff. I want a shavemac brush.

Do we have a support group?

Darren

I don't think there's anything there to be ashamed of, perfectly normal behavoir. Except perhaps owning an HD for over a year and not using it!

Jonnybc said:
I don't think there's anything there to be ashamed of, perfectly normal behavoir. Except perhaps owning an HD for over a year and not using it!

Yes... a "normal" collection indeed. Though, as John mentions it is a little strange that you had a HD (and apparently a AOS brush) for +1year but have only been wetshaving for ~6months. If it will make you feel any better I've only been at this for about 4.5 months and I've amassed about 18 or 20 shave creams thus far.

stropmegently said:
snip....

Do we have a support group?

Darren

Darren, WE are your support group. Your wife, girlfriend or signifigant other will NOT understand.

So in light of that......

Hi, my name is Art, and I'm a wetshaver!!

Welcome to the group!

Thayers in all flavours!

Makes my mouth water just thinking of it. Thayers is an ice cream company from Cardiff who have won many awards over the years for their products. Coming from Cardiff I have eaten more than my fair share.

Being new to these fancy creams and priducts, what is THIS Thayers as I'm sure it's not ice cream? (Now there's a thought for the summer months - ice cream instead of lather...)

Gareth

stropmegently said:
I am not allowed to buy anything more, but I want to get the musgo shaving cream, the proraso shaving cream (got to see if it is different!) and love to smell the tabac stuff. I want a shavemac brush.

Darren

Lemme help out by saying:

Get the Musgo Shave Cream
Get the Proraso Shave Cream
Get a jar of Tabac soap

All three are excellent IMHO!

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Seeing as you seem a bit worried about your acquisition disorder's I would advise the following:
Stay away from Penhaligon's Creams (crack for wet shaver's)
Stay away from French shaving soaps (one is never enough)
Stay away from Mama Bear soaps (more than enough scents to ruin you in one go)
Finally, whatever you do, don't start collecting and restoring vintage straights, it is a slippery slope my friend and once you are on it there is no turning back.
It's too late for me, but you can still save yourself.

This is wonderful, all of a sudden my purchase of 4 shave creams in my first month looks like just a start. You've set a great bar for me to attempt to reach, you've freed me from worrying that I'm buying to many too fast! Yahoo, get out the charge card and fire up the net, I'm off to buy more wet shaving products! :w00t:

Let SWMBO know that this is perfectly normal...if she thinks you are ordering too much just show her the link to Rik's order from Mama Bear...

If SWMBO is giving you a tough time about ordering too much stuff then it means that you (a) aren't paying enough attention to her and (b) aren't getting enough stuff for her.
If you start paying more attention to her she will either (a) love it and forget about that extra tub of Taylors rose that showed up this morning or (b) just wish that you would go back to your computer and look up something on QED so that she can have a little time to herself... and if you get her something nice, well, then she may just forget about the money that you've "wasted" when she puts on her new ear rings (or goes to spend that new gift card... say, that gives me an idea).

Top Bottom