What's new

This is a really good soap

Long Rifle Soap, I have 35 or so soaps, CRSW, WSP, B&M, Declaration, WK, Mikes
and some other top artisan brands. Long Rifle stands up or exceeds them all from my
experience. I have Hunting Lodge, Hawkeye and my newest arrival, Brown Bess which
is described as Pipe smoke and leather. Anyone else use Long Rifle?

I've tried it in the sample pass around, but the samples I used were from an older (and solidly respectable) soap base. I imagine that they're very good now.

Their Bay Rhum is the only Shave Soap I can use, without a reaction to the ingredients. The matching aftershave is also AWESOME!

Long Rifle Soap, I have 35 or so soaps, CRSW, WSP, B&M, Declaration, WK, Mikes
and some other top artisan brands. Long Rifle stands up or exceeds them all from my
experience. I have Hunting Lodge, Hawkeye and my newest arrival, Brown Bess which
is described as Pipe smoke and leather. Anyone else use Long Rifle?

UGH!!! More soaps to add to my ‘to try’ list!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not heard of them before, now I will have to do some research. I can feel the SAD starting again.

A few of their scents appeal to me, such as Brown Bess and Hunting Lodge. The fact that they are made in my old stomping grounds of Wisconsin makes it even more appealing. Glad to hear that they are good performers. Probably will be a while before I try, as I out myself on a soap purchasing sabbatical for the foreseeable future.

I have not heard of them before, now I will have to do some research. I can feel the SAD starting again.
I noticed that West Coast Shaving is stocking the soap and a/s or you can buy direct from the artisan.
WCS is offering free shipping for a time, of course I noticed that after I paid for shipping from the Longrifle direct.

I don't know why it took me so long to finally try Longrifle, but I just got in two of their soaps from WCS.

Brown Bess (used this one this morning) to me starts off with almost a toasted coconut/leather aroma out of the tub. Once lathered though, it was full on sweet pipe tobacco with a leather background, very nice! This will be a great fall sopa. The thick lather had great slickness, and left me with a wonderful post shave feel.

Voyageur - this to me has a clean, barbershop sort of scent. I love it and plan on using it tomorrow.

I immediately placed an order for two more soaps and a couple of their matching aftershaves. Longrifle already has found a place in my weekly rotation.

I got their Leatherstocking soap and aftershave earlier this week but I have yet to try it. The scent from the tub is nice though.
Voyageur - this to me has a clean, barbershop sort of scent. I love it and plan on using it tomorrow.
I ordered direct and Long Rifle and they included a sample of Voyageur. To me, the scent is really close to Ghost Town Barber.

Top Bottom