What's new

This is a first for me

DSCN3003.JPG

Well, this is a first for me. I've owned between fifty and sixty brushes and only one had an issue (minor shedding after plenty of use). I never expected a knot to fall out of one. This is one of my favorites, too. The knot is probably in my top five out of that fifty to sixty.

I have a Semogue 620 with a knot that, when it's dry, can be rotated in the handle, but there seems to be no danger of it falling out. I test it with a tug once in a while.

At least it came out clean and in one piece it seems. You should be able to fix that no problem. All the reviews I’ve seen of SV brushes are always very positive. I’d like to try one at some point. Good luck!

View attachment 1010983

Well, this is a first for me. I've owned between fifty and sixty brushes and only one had an issue (minor shedding after plenty of use). I never expected a knot to fall out of one. This is one of my favorites, too. The knot is probably in my top five out of that fifty to sixty.

Man that stinks but no real harm. Resetting it is easy, I set two today. I use this from Dollar General, in automotive section.
20190825_005414.jpg

It will be good as new.
Happy shaves
SMURF

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I would recommend scoring the sides and bottom of the knot base to allow the glue to better grip when you reset it.

For what that brush sells for I would think that is not a common occurrence for them!! I will say that if you ever thought the loft would be better higher or lower, now is the perfect time to explore that...

Thanks for the advice guys. I love this brush and I will definitely re-set the knot ASAP.
Well, my advice would be different than the ones you received so far.

I would not try to repair that brush. At that price and with all the fuss about this company, I would contact them and push them to fix it. For FREE. And, while you are at it, gently, tell them to get their sh** together.

What a heck? Over $200 for an item I have to fix? Hell no. Unless it is vintage or heavily used.

The crown the brush is seated in is made of pewter. Their glue obviously didn't take on the surface as easy it would with other material.

Well, my advice would be different than the ones you received so far.

I would not try to repair that brush. At that price and with all the fuss about this company, I would contact them and push them to fix it. For FREE. And, while you are at it, gently, tell them to get their sh** together.

What a heck? Over $200 for an item I have to fix? Hell no. Unless it is vintage or heavily used.
I am not the original owner, so I won't be trying that. I also didn't pay anything close to $200. The original owner gave me a deal because he felt the brush was a "modest shedder." I don't think he gave it enough time because the brush seemed very new when I got it. It shed a few hairs during the first two or three uses and hasn't lost one since (at least ten more uses). Still, losing its knot while still pretty new is not good and if I was the only owner and had paid what one of these goes for from SV, I'd probably be sending it back.

Fair enough.
The epoxy fix works well. Good luck.
I am not sure if you posted this looking for advice on how to fix it. It is easy, as others mentioned already. Good prep is paramount.

The crown the brush is seated in is made of pewter. Their glue obviously didn't take on the surface as easy it would with other material.
The base of the knot does not touch the pewter. When you place the knot in the hole there is space all the way around and the base sits directly on the wooden handle. It sits pretty deep so the pewter does come in contact with the hairs.

Fair enough.
The epoxy fix works well. Good luck.
I am not sure if you posted this looking for advice on how to fix it. It is easy, as others mentioned already. Good prep is paramount.
Very perceptive. I was pretty much just bitching, but I also knew I'd get some good tips.

Top Bottom