What's new

This has to be a joke, right?

People have weird concepts of value. I wanted to buy one of the blacklight posters I had as a kid - it had some memories - laying in bed with only the black light on looking at it while going to sleep and imagining myself in that magical place etc. Well, it turns out that it was rare. It took me nearly a decade to find a decent copy for just over $100 and I had to snipe the auction with 4 seconds to go to get it for that. If I'd have bid in advance it'd have doubled or tripled. The most I ever saw was an opening price of more than $500 for a relatively clean but not pristine copy. We're talking about a black light poster I won at a fair when I was a kid and wanted to put in my mancave for sentimental reasons...sheesh.

But hey, it's all worth what a person will pay I suppose. But I wouldn't give her $15 for a razor broken that badly. Who knows what she's thinking.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Wait a minute... "SHE"? How can a girl be a straight razor expert? How tough are her whiskers, anyway? How many straight shaves has she given herself or got at a barbershop? Sorry, legs don't count. Not being sexist. Being realist. You cannot be an "expert" without an awful lot of shaves. And no, legs, pits, and "down there" do NOT count. The item is no longer listed, but it sure sounds like she hasn't a clue.

some people are just delusional and think everything they own/find is worth it's weight in gold.
Every time I see something like that I just laugh to myself and say, "yea good for you buddy" and move on.

some people are just delusional and think everything they own/find is worth it's weight in gold.
Every time I see something like that I just laugh to myself and say, "yea good for you buddy" and move on.

I normally do the same but this razor, well actually all 3 of her razors were just too far out there to not say something.

The item is no longer available. I didn't see the razor, but based on the opinions here, I hope no one bought it at the price listed.

Basically picture the black scaled red dot with the dot faded really bad and the blade had that dreaded chip right near the spine that for some reason I see a lot of razors get. It's odd that it is always right in the same spot near the toe. I would say the chip went a good 3rd of the way up towards the spine.

But if you want a good laugh she still has two other razors for sale. One GEM 1914 I'd say user grade for over 100.

That item is no longer available, but you could save some 💰 buying what is left of this Solingen razor :facep: :eek2:
Screenshot_20200710-124007~3.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710-124007~3.png
    Screenshot_20200710-124007~3.png
    880.4 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom