What's new

This Community from a "Stalker" Viewpoint

As a profiler, at first glance I would sum up this community as follows:
* Aficionado
* Patient
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity
* Masculine
* Not young, but not necessarily old
* Nostalgic type
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig)
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar type
* Certain level of vanity
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits"
* Leather soled shoes (not synthetic)
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle

Is this a match for anyone out there? Am I close?

As a profiler, at first glance I would sum up this community as follows:
* Aficionado
* Patient
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity
* Masculine
* Nostalgic type
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig)
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar type
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits"
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle

Is this a match for anyone out there? Am I close?

Pretty close!

I no longer drink Scotch, preferring wine; with a cigar I prefer brandy/ port / sweet sherry.

Have always loved classical music but do prefer Sinatra and the standards to "today's hits".

And my wife and sisters-in-law keep telling me I'm such a girl, so there's that [emoji12][emoji38]

Everything else is spot on [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah pretty close, although I don't use an umbrella and my Sinatra's music comes in the form of Mexican singer Jose Alfredo Jimenez. And I'm not in the hard liquor game, I still love to drink beer.

I love it. Anything with mariachi trumpets is welcome on my speakers. Playing it right now - thanks for the recommendation.

:thumbsup: I can't listen to it now, because I'm at work and when I listen to it, I like to crack open the aforementioned beverage :biggrin:

* Aficionado - Probably should cop to that
* Patient - Not according to my wife
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity - Anti-hoarding.
* Masculine - Always considered myself so
* Not young, but not necessarily old - Yup
* Nostalgic type - Hmmmm, yes and no. Depends on the topic.
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig) - Keurig rules!
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar type - Don't drink. Don't smoke. I do chew tobacco.
* Certain level of vanity - Doesn't everyone?
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits" - Strictly EDM (including regular attendance at EDC Las Vegas)
* Leather soled shoes (not synthetic) - All synthetic
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle - Southern California. No umbrella.

* Aficionado - Cognoscente
* Patient - More tolerant than patient
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity - Accurate, although as I've matured certainly less hoardy
* Masculine - Accurate but still look good in pink
* Not young, but not necessarily old - Mostly accurate, found myself getting back into South Park and giggling like I was 14
* Nostalgic type - Very accurate
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig) - With some things yes (do have a Keurig in the basement workshop but only out of convenience, but normally brew with a French Press) but other things appreciate modernity (in particular tools & vehicles)
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar type - While I drink much less than I used to I do gravitate to bourbon & scotch and have never been much of a beer drinker. Yes do enjoy the occasional cigar
* Certain level of vanity - More aplomb than vane
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits" - Been listening to Old Blue Eyes since I was 10 or 11, I still have Come Fly With Me and Nice 'n Easy on 8-Track. But, also enjoy 80's rock/pop/punk, older C&W, classical, jazz and R&B.
* Leather soled shoes (not synthetic) - For most clothing I believe natural is better than synthetic
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle - I travel with a older Victorinox compact straight handle, candy cane handle would be too bulky

well 34 years old here , and double edge shaving has really been a great thing for me.

-listens to classical more then anything "thank you WQXR" out of New York for your free stream and app
-loves over and under shotguns / Beretta especially / sporting clays and fitasc are my game
-loves Allen Edmonds dress shoes
-Enjoys a Breitling watch "super ocean" my first and only so far
-Burns a minimum of 2-3 cigars a weekend
-Owns a smoker...........and I grill all season (calls Wisconsin home)
-Works in the technology/electronic parts cataloging industry/sector
-Loves to get my knuckles dirty/enjoys snowmobiling
-Enjoys F1 and all sports car racing
-Enjoys cooking wild game that I have harvested in the most old school way possible
-Most Important "I think I'm cooler then I really am" according to my bride.

I, for one, don't like profiling. We're a bunch of guys and gals, who love shaving and sharing that love with others, including heroic generosity.

* Aficionado
* Patient ADD
* Masculine Mixed (refer to the pink shirt thing above and the "such a girl!" comment)
* Nostalgic type
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle pourover cone rather than Keurig - death to Keurig :))
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar Craft Beer/Wine type
* Sinatra Wide range of Indie or niche music music rather than "today's hits" (yuck)
* Compact black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle
* Highly hobby oriented

All fantastic responses and fun to read! A great community indeed! HAGD everyone (have a good day).

Noodles added "Hobby oriented", which I think is a great one. Fits me as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom