What's new

This Community from a "Stalker" Viewpoint

As a profiler, at first glance I would sum up this community as follows:
* Aficionado
Everyone is an Aficionado in some form or another
* Patient
Matters what it is. However, mostly correct
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity
Hoard is a harsh word. I prefer stocking. Like our parents and grandparents did in cellars and pantries. That is what they are there for. It's all about the Quality to Price Ratio
* Masculine
Thank you
* Not young, but not necessarily old
Thank you again
* Nostalgic type
We live in a world where young men and women are eating Tide Pods and putting it on YouTube. Back in the day is the only way
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig)
Goes back to recognizing quality to price ratio
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar type
Roll your own, sip your drink, and enjoy the flavors. Prefer a good home brew though.
* Certain level of vanity
We've worked hard all our lives, might as well bask in the glory that is us.
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits"
Have you turned on the radio lately? There's a song about a woman complaining her boyfriend plays video games and she doesn't want to do his laundry. If he is such a child wouldn't that make her a, well you know.
* Leather soled shoes (not synthetic)
I prefer bespoke Goodyear Welted with full grain Uppers. I will not shy away from a classic Vibram Sole for a more outdoor Service Boot. Buy once, and they will last forever with proper care and resoling. Why waste money on sneakers that should only be worn in a gym and built for only being used a few hours a day in a gym?
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle
There are other types of Umbrellas, except maybe a Golf Umbrella?

Is this a match for anyone out there? Am I close?
Close

Big D - that's good stuff. I like "stocking" over hoarding as well.
And you're the second person to mention Vibram soles... Interesting.
I've been trying to figure out if we are form over function but I don't think so.
I think this Brotherhood seeks form AND function. Hence, the DE razor..
Good stuff Big D.

Big D - that's good stuff. I like "stocking" over hoarding as well.
And you're the second person to mention Vibram soles... Interesting.
I've been trying to figure out if we are form over function but I don't think so.
I think this Brotherhood seeks form AND function. Hence, the DE razor..
Good stuff Big D.
If you think about it, DE Razors are the Goodyear Welts of the Razor world. Proper maintenance and just replacing of a good blade it will last forever and work better than Sneakers of Shaving, the cartridges.

Thelonius Monk in place of Sinatra. Love a good cigar and a nice scotch. Although I have never made a lot of money, I have learned to value quality over quantity. I'm not really nostalgic (I love my modern SS razors). I use a Keurig to brew my coffee, and I do have a certain amount of vanity.

Top Bottom