What's new

This Community from a "Stalker" Viewpoint

I'm learning to expect many surprises from the Brotherhood!! You win today Viper. But alas...Tomorrow will be upon us soon enough!!

I'm probably in a minority, but I came here to learn so I can experience something of a different era and connect with my ancestors daily existence.

I've recently evolve to straight razors and how to hone and maintain. The members here are very willing to teach and help.

"C'mon boys...looks like it's back to the drawing boards....oh, and Adam, yes, I'll take that Ristretto".

I'm probably in a minority, but I came here to learn so I can experience something of a different era and connect with my ancestors daily existence.

Fair point, well made, Brother! There is something special about timeless equipment. I think that's what I was meaning by nostalgia and you said it better.

I use a small metal oil can with a pump lever because it reminds me of my grandfather.

"C'mon boys...looks like it's back to the drawing boards....oh, and Adam, yes, I'll take that Ristretto".

I just finished a sublime evening shave ..... Stirling Bay Rum face lathered with my Yaqi Tuxedo, Elite Razor 34C with Israeli Red Personna (1), and Osma Alum -- Stirling Barbershop AS splash -- Proraso Blue balm. PERFECT !!!
And now, I'll retire to my library and enjoy a nice Ristretto to top off a pretty marvelous day !

Bravo sir. Hey, question on your 34c... Do you have to carefully ensure the blade locks down symmetrically or does it fall right into place? I love that razor too, but I have to sometimes fiddle with the blade to make sure it's mounted squarely. I don't know if this is a common issue or not.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
* Aficionado
Nope. Been here a year, and still clueless about most kit, and most consumables
* Patient
Not particularly
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity
Nope. I own more than I need right now, but wouldn't go to collector or hoarder. Some (non-shaving) things I have in abundance, but some things I keep quite simplistic.
* Masculine
Male. Worked in heavy engineering all my life, but I'm no brick outhouse. Depends on your definition of masculine.
* Not young, but not necessarily old
Got this one right!
* Nostalgic type
Nostalgia's not what it used to be...
I'm typing this on a smart phone, while using a vape stick. I can be nostalgic about some things, but
probably not enough to tick the box.
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig)
I have a stove top kettle, but use tea bags. I carry a pocket knife, but prefer stainless blades. I pay with cards, but don't do online banking. I'll say no to this too.
* Bourbon / Scotch / Cigar type
One of those three...
* Certain level of vanity
Ha! You wouldn't say that if you saw me.
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits"
Err, no - sorry.
* Leather soled shoes (not synthetic)
Nope. Mainly synthetic
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle
Two of my five umbrellas have crook handles

Low percentage match I think.

Five umbrellas, eh? I find that a bit interesting.
I have exactly five umbrellas as well. I wonder if this is another commonality among the Brotherhood. ?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Five umbrellas, eh? I find that a bit interesting.
I have exactly five umbrellas as well. I wonder if this is another commonality among the Brotherhood. ?

I live in the North of England. Rainy days are not uncommon :D Only two of them get much use to be fair, but the spares can come in useful as loaners.

Bravo sir. Hey, question on your 34c... Do you have to carefully ensure the blade locks down symmetrically or does it fall right into place? I love that razor too, but I have to sometimes fiddle with the blade to make sure it's mounted squarely. I don't know if this is a common issue or not.

Usually falls right into place, although a little "extra bit of wiggle" always helps.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
* Aficianado- I will agree with this
* Patient- Sometimes more than I should be
* Collector tendencies that tends to hoard even while recognizing quality over quantity- My wife would call me a hoarder. I consider myself a connoisseur.
* Masculine- I guess
* Not young, but not necessarily old- Correct
* Nostalgic type- Most of the people I work with are between 70-95 years old so I am surrounded by nostalgia all day.
* Traditionalist (brews coffee in a kettle rather than Keurig)- Pour Over coffee, cast iron pots/pans rather than Teflon, bar soap with a washcloth not body wash with a Loofa.
* Bourbon/ Scotch / Cigar type- Sometimes all in the same day.
* Certain level of vanity- I don’t consider myself vain. My wife would probably disagree after I spend 10min prepping for my shave, 10min shaving, and 10min on my post shave routine
* Sinatra music rather than "today's hits"- “Classic” rock and old country
* Leather soled shoes (not synthetic)- My boots have leather soles. Lots of synthetics too.
* Black umbrella with candy cane shaped handle- Don’t own an umbrella. Don’t mind getting wet.

Top Bottom