What's new

This commercial for Brut cologne would spark controversy if it were aired today.

"Men are back!" it says.

Just shows how commercials can manufacture an image for a product.

I grew up largely oblivious to Brut. When I first tried it, I liked it, but did not think of it as the most manly fragrance. How can Jasmine and Ylang Ylang be something football players and bikers would wear? Marketing.

If you want a fragrance that reeks toxic masculinity, I had a few bottles of American Chopper I got at a discount store once. It smells like leather and black pepper.

"Men are back!" it says.

No company in their right mind would air a commercial with that message today. They would be vilified and trashed by the mentally ill mainstream media. The feminazis would demand the resignation of anyone involved in the production of the commercial. Boycotts would be organized. Psychiatrists would make a fortune treating all the softies whose feelings were hurt or offended.

Some men who responded positively to the Brut commercial in 1993 are now responding positively to commercials for products that increase stamina and performance in bed. A smiling woman young enough to be the potential customer's granddaughter is shown cavorting in the background.

Men are whatever women need us to be.. so if we're not what they want, they only have themselves to blame.

(unpopular opinion of the day)

((I remember this commercial, and I probably thought at the time, "oh, this is just a stupid commercial" and didn't give it a 2nd thought...))

Top Bottom