What's new

This cologne smells exactly like?

Does anyone else think that T&H 1805 is reminscent of Taylors St James and that Grafton is similar to Mr Taylors? Also, is the T&H Spanish Leather similar in any way to C&E Sienna Soap?

Not that I know, but I have both Taylors offerings in shave creams and want to get some T&H products. Sadly in Australia there is no recourse to samples or trying them in a store as they are only available online. One webstore is currently doing a 2 colognes for 1 offer and I was thinking of getting something with a bottle of Trafalgar.

Ok, i know i'm gonna get murdered for this: but doesn't Penhaligon's English Fern smell like a more refined Pinaud Clubman and Booster Mosswood? :em16:

Floris Elite. Especially the shave cream. It awakes some memory. I totally can't put my finger on it. Any ideas?

-Mason

I think the Elite smells something like Halston 101. I may have the name wrong and it's been a long time. It was in a small, round, dark brown bottle that had a dimple on the front and back.

I got a sample of illusion from SCS, which is designed to mimic Knize. I haven't tried Knize, but if this is true, Plush by Fubu also smells like Knize.

SCS 'Illusion' smells like Issey Miyake. Does it smell like something else too? mmm, I don't know?

Sue

What would be a better match for a C&E Sienna soap? T&H Spanish Leather or Grafton. Both are described as woody and spicy with a distinctive leather vibe.

What would be a better match for a C&E Sienna soap? T&H Spanish Leather or Grafton. Both are described as woody and spicy with a distinctive leather vibe.

To my nose the winner is Spanish Leather. My sweet wife absolutely loves this one on me!

Tried one from a little Mexican grocery - looked appealing for some reason, very ornate packaging, etc. Got it home and it smelled like enema water and kerosene.

I tried a sample of Floris JF today and it reminded me a great deal of the sample of Trumper's GFT that I tried over the summer. I don't have the GFT anymore so I can't do a direct compare but going by memory they seemed quite similar.

I just took a whiff of my GFT sample, and it really does not resemble my bottle of JF at all. They do have a similar note in that smells like lemon, but that, to me, seems to be where the similarities end. GFT, on my skin, smells like a lemon scented cleaning chemical. JF smells like a cleaner, more refined Cool Water.

When I bought my bottle of JF, I sprayed the sample on the back of my hand, and immediately thought it smelled familiar, but smelled really good,. I probably sniffed it for an hour, thinking how good it smelled, and trying to figure out what it smelled like that I had owned before. I finally gave up, bought it, and headed home. About 1/2 way home, it hit me, Cool Water. They are very similar, but as noted above, JF to my nose, is more refined. It is like comparing a base model Ford Fusion to a fully loaded, top of the line Lincoln MKZ. They are the same basic car, but the Lincoln a giant leap ahead in comfort and technology. And as much as I like the JF, I personally do not like Cool Water.

SCS 'Illusion' smells like Issey Miyake. Does it smell like something else too? mmm, I don't know?

Sue

I knew I recognized it from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it! I've only smelled Knize once, but I did not detect even the faintest similarity to Illusion. In fact it's about as far away as I could imagine.

FWIW, after almost a day of thinking, "I KNOW I've smelled that (and maybe even worn that) before..." when I went into a Caswell-Massey store and got a sample of their Newport cologne, I finally figured out that it was very similar to good old Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene. It about drove me crazy for a few hours, though. Don't you just HATE it when that happens?!

Creed GIT and Davidoff Cool Water may smell somewhat similar. However, I can't say I feel like a million bucks when I wear Cool Water. Just my 2 cents.

Creed GIT and Davidoff Cool Water may smell somewhat similar. However, I can't say I feel like a million bucks when I wear Cool Water. Just my 2 cents.

+1

Maybe it's just psychological, but smell alike or not, Cool Water is not GIT.

Top Bottom