What's new

Third Time Around - PIF

As the title implies, this is my third PIF offering. I admit it’s not as star-studded as some PIFs but I like to think what it lacks in brand power it makes up for in practicality.

For this PIF I’m offering a collection of some gently (or barely) used items along with some unused/new items:

New
  • Cremo horsehair brush, which came with the . . .
  • Cremo Sandalwood shave cream—I vacuum sealed it right out of the original box and hid it in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Gently used
  • RazoRock What The Puck shave soap, triple milled, Orange Sunrise; used this a few times and like it, but I have so much other soap this rarely gets the attention it deserves.
  • Baili 3-piece razor: I really like the handle, nice weight to it—but I used it only a few times and then set it aside to languish under the sink. It serves better. It has been cleaned and sanitized.
  • Van Der Hagen boar brush: this came with a starter kit. I’ve used it a few times but it never grew on me. I don’t think I’ve used it enough to truly break it in, to be honest, but while in Italy last year I picked up an Omega board and I like it much better, so I though perhaps someone else might like to try the VDH brush instead of letting it languish with the Bailie’s razor. The brush, too, is clean.
  • Razor and brush stand: I got this last year on eBay for something like $14. It has served me well but I have recently made my own small razor stand and all my brushes now hang on DIY racks, so I don’t need this any longer. I’ve cleaned it up as well, but it clearly doesn’t look brand new.
05E477C4-67AD-4D4B-B271-01BFD620BCA5_1_105_c.jpeg

Not pictures: I’m tossing in a Holy Black red razor towel that I got at 2019’s Big Shave S’West event. I’ve never used it so I thought it appropriate to add it here.

So, there’s a razor, two brushes, a shave soap and a cream, and a stand. Can’t shave without blades, right?

I’m adding there each of the following blades because, well, it’s my third PIF. I know I used the tuck boxes for the picture, but there are only three of each blade—sorry if the pic is misleading, not intended to be:
Astra SP
Battle Bros
Shark Super Chrome
Crown Platinum
Voskhod
Derby Premium
Tatra
Gillete Perma-Sharp
Wilkinson Sword (India made, not German)

C982FDE6-1572-4EE7-A965-616B3A697ED5_1_105_c.jpeg

Lots of things come in threes: three little pigs, three blind mice, three bases in baseball, three strikes (of course), three times the charm (okay, ‘third time’ but three flows better), three Musketeers, three Stooges, etc. Want in? Then simply state ‘I’m in’ and tell us what your favorite things to have in threes are.

I’ll wait until Saturday evening, the 23rd, and select the winner using a random number generator.

Not a fan of this part, but economics dictate this be held to CONUS only. Sorry guys outside our borders :a36:

Not In but thanks for the PIF, lots of good stuff.

Love the three stooges, Curly instead of Shemp!

Favorite thing to have in three's...my wife's chocolate chip cookies...and I like it more with three raised to the third power...

Not in, but some really great stuff. The Baili razor is quite good, IMO, and I do believe the Cremo brush is made by Vie Long.

Not in, but that's a great PIF ! Good Luck to all those entering the fun.
Listen to the music .....
The three Classical B's ..... Beethoven, Bach, and Brahms.
The three great guitarists in the Yardbirds ..... Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page.

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
I’m in.

The three hybrid fruit trees in our backyard, each bearing three different types of fruit.

The Trinity was also another. ❤️

Top Bottom