What's new

Third Shave Day

Just finished my third Shave day...

Staying with the same cream. Proraso

My Velux brush.

Merkur 38C with Derby blades...

I applied conditioner in the shower then shaved afterward.

I shaved 3 times...

On every pass I am still finding areas that I have whiskers. Missing? How many shaves do most people do? How long does it take to really get this process down?

I believe I am still stuggling with the lather portion. Almond size in bowl then wisk. Add a little water. Still pretty flat or little lather. May be part of my missing problem.

I will continue to try improving my technique.

Thanks.

While you're in the shower let your brush soak in a mug of VERY hot water.

When you are ready for the lathering part of your routine, take the brush out of the mug, give it a shake, and apply about a dime size dollop of the cream. Just start swirling right on your face...in about 20-30 seconds you will look like santa clause!!! No joke...proraso makes tons of lather. Use a finger to feel the lather...if it's not nice and slick add just a few drops of water to the brush and give it a few more swirls.

As for missing a few spots after 3 passes...not to worry! Just concentrate on blade angle in those areas. It is difficult to maintain a cutting angle on some parts of the face...but it will come with time and practice!

Regards,

I can't address the cream question, but I've been shaving with a DE for about three months now. I'd say it took a little over a month to get a good fairly consistent shave. That said, I am still improving my technique. I also still manage to miss a spot here and there every now and then. I do two passes and some touch up during the week. I try for BBS on Saturday.

Just try slowing down a little bit and focus on blade angle. I do 3 passes... 2 WTG and a touch up as needing XTG if I feel I won't get irritated... but that's just me.

My bigelow/proraso lathers up really well... start with a snurdle size and maybe a teaspoon water, swirl and agitate a little bit, add another couple drops of water and swirl again. Keep adding a little bit of water each time until it starts to look a little too soupy.

I tend to go with one WTG, one XTG and one ATG.

Only use the same blade for 2-3 shaves and always get BBS.

Top Bottom