What's new

Thinking of trying TOBS Royal Forest

...but I already have a dozen or more TOBS and GFT creams, its absurd, lol. Thinking of picking up a tub just to see if I like the scent, but the fruity element and pineapple in the description of the scent kind of makes me hesitant. How does it compare to the other TOBS scents?

....but the fruity element and pineapple in the description of the scent kind of makes me hesitant. How does it compare to the other TOBS scents?

RF is heavy on sweet fruits (sweet orange, apple...).
Personally, I prefer some of their other offerings, eg. Shaving Shop.

I tried a TOBS sample kit and I love many of them. I love Royal Forest as well. I find it very pleasant and is my most used cream right now. I find it fruity and sort of woody at the same time. I love it.

really nice cream; to me, there were greenish notes.

taylor of old bond st royal forest gillette omega myrsol k creed vetiver september 16 2020.jpg

its an aventus clone. So if you like aventus, you'll like royal forest. Haven't used it for this exact reason. I don't really like cologne scented creams/soaps.

It’s nice but I don’t rush to use it. I’d pick TOBS grapefruit every time over it: for me that’s the best scent they’ve released to date. Then again I’m not the biggest fan of Creed Aventus. Creed Green Irish Tweed however…:thumbup1:

It’s nice but I don’t rush to use it. I’d pick TOBS grapefruit every time over it: for me that’s the best scent they’ve released to date. Then again I’m not the biggest fan of Creed Aventus. Creed Green Irish Tweed however…:thumbup1:
I have a sample pack of tobs. They don't put in all the scents for sample packs in their lineup. Tobacco & Royal Forest & zesty lime is not part of their sample pack line-up that I purchased from West Coast Shaving. Sure wish they were in there though.

I could not stand the grapefruit scent myself so I am giving that one away to my colleague.

My faves from TOBS are
Rose
Sandalwood
Lavendar

I may try out royal forest since people here list it as a fruity scent, which I hope to like.

I have a sample pack of tobs. They don't put in all the scents for sample packs in their lineup. Tobacco & Royal Forest & zesty lime is not part of their sample pack line-up that I purchased from West Coast Shaving. Sure wish they were in there though.

I could not stand the grapefruit scent myself so I am giving that one away to my colleague.

My faves from TOBS are
Rose
Sandalwood
Lavendar

I may try out royal forest since people here list it as a fruity scent, which I hope to like.

Pasting my description of Royal Forest from last fall:

"It is indeed a forest-y scent, but not very piney at all. It's quite crisp, bright, and...uplifting? The Bergamot and Apple are clearly present. It is more of a sunny spring or autumn walk through a forest with ripe apples or newly budding flowers to add sweetness. Just a touch of cold weather affinity there - definitely not a somber or stoic wintery forest scent."

That was comparing to a different soap, but I think you get the gist. I love the stuff.

Top Bottom