What's new

Thinking of Trying Cyril Salter

The Rose is great. A lovely scent and better than the three T's in scent for me.

However the Indian Sandalwood is WAY better - a wonderful take on the Sandalwood scent. Pairs fabulously with Diptyque Tam Dao cologne.

I have the French Vetiver cream and have nothing bad to say about it. It is excellent quality on par with the TOBS and Trumper's creams I've tried.
Agree.
It's definitely on par with TOBS and better in my opinion than GFT.
The scent is wonderful but night require airing for a day because vetiver can create an unpleasant fume after a while when stored. Mike's vetiver had the same issue.
I do need to get another tub, it is truly a superb cream

I just got a tub of Cyril Salter's Wild Rose.
It is easily the most perfect presentation, scent, and performance combination I have ever used. I am seriously wondering if I really ever want to use anything else ever again.
The tub is of the perfect dimensions, very comfortable to hold and slightly more slender to better fit wherever I want to store it.
The scent is absolutely flawless, and now I want to try all Salter's offerings.
The performance is simply unsurpassed.
Truly perfection.

That's interesting. Even at the bottom of the tub the scent is still very present in mine. Batch variation perhaps?

Could well be. I have a tub of the Mint and it is the closest thing I have to an unscented cream. Virtually nothing there at all. Decent performance, though.

I just ordered a tub of the Cyril Salter Indian Sandlewood cream from The Old Town Shaving Company (a B&B member vendor.)
I also ordered TOBS Grapefruit and Proraso Blue balm.
They're having a “25 % off” sale on everything, as they're going
out of business.
The balm is part of my regular rotation, the Grapefruit is new to
me (I already enjoy the Eton College and Avocado,) and I'm especially looking forward to the Salter. The journey continues !

I have a couple tubs of Cyril Salter, Rose and Sandalwood. Decent product, but TOBS in my opinion is better. And it surely ain’t no Truefitt & Hill (on sale right now for 15% off and free shipping)

Only used sandalwood

Good strong sandalwood scent

Slick easy to lather cream.

No complaints.

Would I buy it again? Like Proraso red a bit better.

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have some Indian Sandal wood I bought recently and it is a good cream soap, Sandal wood is not over the top in Scent strength & works well with Proraso red AS and Ogallala Bayrum and Sandal wood AS.
DE SOTD, Nov 14, 2020.jpg
SE SOTD, Nov 13th 2020.jpg

Have some great shave! Stay & think safe in these times!

I have the Fresh Mint and like it pretty well. It's a light mint scent (kind of like that of mint and chip ice cream). It's slightly cooling, but not a huge menthol blast. All in all, it's good for a warm summer day.

Top Bottom