What's new

Thinking about returning my Vector....any advice?

He's right, you know. I've got a couple of E2 Schick razors and they are the cat's meow. The "Chick" blades last forever. Most report 14-30 shaves per blade.

The Vector is a hot rod that will deliver, but needs to be used with care, I use the Kai Protouch MG in mine.
I would take Shawn up on his offer and also see if you can get your hands on a Schick injector to compare the shaves.

~doug~

The Vector is indeed a hot rod, but I guess for me and my experience level I'm better off with a Honda Accord :001_smile

I ended up returning the Vector. A great razor I'm sure, just not for me.

Since I did want to splurge on something nice, I did order a mirror-nickel replated English flat-bottom Tech from Back Roads Gold that should arrive soon. Chris says it's a rarer one with a thin handle from the 40s.

I may take a look at the injectors...is the cost of entry high if I just wanted to try it out?
Schick injectors are cheap and plentiful. E, G and J models shave best. They’re available on the web or at flea markets and antique stores for $5 to $25; I got my E2 for $5 on Etsy.
The most commonly available Schick will be the L type from the 60’s. These can range from $0 (Dad or Grandad) to $15 or less, on the web. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think they shave as well.
Whichever you choose, use only Chinese Schick blades in the yellow package.

Schick injectors are cheap and plentiful. E, G and J models shave best. They’re available on the web or at flea markets and antique stores for $5 to $25; I got my E2 for $5 on Etsy.
The most commonly available Schick will be the L type from the 60’s. These can range from $0 (Dad or Grandad) to $15 or less, on the web. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think they shave as well.
Whichever you choose, use only Chinese Schick blades in the yellow package.

I see an E4, a G1, and a Canadian G1 in good condition at a good price. Do you have a favorite for a mild but still efficient shave?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I see an E4, a G1, and a Canadian G1 in good condition at a good price. Do you have a favorite for a mild but still efficient shave?
As the letters go higher, the Schick injectors became milder. A G1 would be milder than a E4, and I really like my E2. The L1's are considered the mildest of the bunch, but you cant go wrong with any of the adjustable injectors.

~doug~

I have quite different experience than Op with the Ti Vector. It is also my first SE razor, and I went straight to the Pro Super blade. My first shave was very rough too (irritations) but no weepers. Then I adjust my technique a little bit to compensate for the light weight. I applied much less pressure and opened up the angle a little bit. The result is a beautifully closed shave with zero irritation. I’m loving this Ti Vector a lot now. Nothing would ever replace it permanently (fingers crossed). I suggest OP gives it a couple more tries and see if you can adjust technique a little bit and adapt. Good luck!

If the tech works for you, why change the formula. If you want to treat yourself, get a really nice specimen or buy one with the purpose of getting it rhodium plated or something like that to make it feel special. You can experiment with other cheaper razors to find what works well for you and THEN go for something more special once you know what you need and want. Just my $00.02.

Top Bottom