What's new

Thinking about getting a second DE razor.which one?

So I went for the comb just because it seems like the slant is very aggressive. So I wanted to have an open comb to get used to the aggressiveness and then be ready for the slant bar!

The Merkur 37C Slant will be my next purchase! :thumbup1:

Gillette NEW from the 1930s, recommended by others, is a great razor for many reasons. You can usually pick up a short comb version for $20 in good shape on the Bay, perhaps a few bucks more for a long comb version.
I, for one, am about to have a shave-off between a SC (on the left side) and a LC (on the right side).

It may be your last one too...

Haha yeah I read that they will give you an amazing, close shave. Looking forward to it.

Do you usually put a very sharp blade in a slant, like a feather? or a milder blade? I heard you can cut yourself very easily because of how the blade has a slicing action instead of a chopping action

Haha yeah I read that they will give you an amazing, close shave. Looking forward to it.

Do you usually put a very sharp blade in a slant, like a feather? or a milder blade? I heard you can cut yourself very easily because of how the blade has a slicing action instead of a chopping action

I find that any blade works perfectly in either of my slants. I also find that blades last a LOT longer in a slant for some reason (not quite twice as long but close).

When I say they are mild I speak from experience. Here is a review I did of both the 37c and 39c a while ago when I did an 8 pass shave using both razors. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/301979-8-Pass-Shave-Using-2-Merkur-Slants No nicks, no cuts, no razor burn after 8 full passes with 2 slant razors.... try that with your current razor and see how you come out :001_smile

proxy.php

IMHO if you're accustomed to the EJ going with something aggressive may be a real challenge, esp a slant. Consider a Weber, the new kid on the block that is outstanding quality, still mild, but a step up from the EJ. Alternatively, you could go with a Futur and have a choice of aggressiveness. I also found with slants that if you're left-handed they don't work (speaking from bloody experience!)

IMHO if you're accustomed to the EJ going with something aggressive may be a real challenge, esp a slant. Consider a Weber, the new kid on the block that is outstanding quality, still mild, but a step up from the EJ. Alternatively, you could go with a Futur and have a choice of aggressiveness.

I find that any blade works perfectly in either of my slants. I also find that blades last a LOT longer in a slant for some reason (not quite twice as long but close).

When I say they are mild I speak from experience. Here is a review I did of both the 37c and 39c a while ago when I did an 8 pass shave using both razors. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/301979-8-Pass-Shave-Using-2-Merkur-Slants No nicks, no cuts, no razor burn after 8 full passes with 2 slant razors.... try that with your current razor and see how you come out :001_smile

proxy.php

Thanks for the link I'm gonna check that out!

"The slants are mild yet very efficient razors."

I'll second this thought. The Slant is my best double edge razor. If you have one you really don't need any other DE razors.

DD

Top Bottom