What's new

Thinking about an Injector

So after finding the Gillette DE's that suit me, I'm thinking about trying an injector just for kicks. I kind of like the caramel bakelite handles from the 30's-40's (dates right?) and the Paul Revere handle. Any suggestions? Ebay vs. BST? Can you only buy NOS blades?

YOu can buy New Stock blades...Personna makes injector blades...Ted Pella's site also have new in stock...

While you're thinking and before you buy, read this:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144656

The Personna injector blades give OK shaves, but not as good as what I get with my favorite DE blade/razor pairings.

I have about 10 or 11 left in a 15-pack from the Meijer store down the road. Their shelf space for them is now gone, and the last ones I saw at the local Rite Aid were on clearance discount.

That leaves one and only one new blade choice for injector razors: Schicks from China purchased online. Word is they are significantly better than the Personnas.

I'll use up what injector blades I have eventually, but will not be looking into Schicks that cost 3-4 times the DE blades I use regularly.

Good to know! Thanks. Maybe I'll just stick to my DE's

While you're thinking and before you buy, read this:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144656

The Personna injector blades give OK shaves, but not as good as what I get with my favorite DE blade/razor pairings.

I have about 10 or 11 left in a 15-pack from the Meijer store down the road. Their shelf space for them is now gone, and the last ones I saw at the local Rite Aid were on clearance discount.

That leaves one and only one new blade choice for injector razors: Schicks from China purchased online. Word is they are significantly better than the Personnas.

I'll use up what injector blades I have eventually, but will not be looking into Schicks that cost 3-4 times the DE blades I use regularly.

Ted Pella (4.60 for 20) and EMS carry injector blades (and will probably continue to do so as long as there are vibratomes that take the blades). You can also trim Feather Pro Super AC blades and make a featherjector (20 blades for 12.00). Or get NOS on the bay and around here.

B&M stores haven't been a reliable source of any blades for me in quite some time. Considering most were selling 7 injectory blades for 6.99...

Last edited:
In evaluating the relative cost of Injector blades, consider that you will likely get more shaves with each than with modern DE blades. I get 6-7 shaves with my Personna blades and 7-8 with the modern Schick brand, compared to 2-4 with various modern DE types. Of course I've seen other people report much different results with both Injectors and DEs, so I can't promise anything.

I believe the Pellas are made by Personna; am I wrong? Probably the best deal for bulk buys. I have a very large stockpile of my own, including a lot of Snyder brand (also relabeled Personna I think) which I got for a cost of $0.28 per blade.

Good to know! Thanks. Maybe I'll just stick to my DE's

I don't buy that Personna is stopping all manufacture of Injector blades. There are quite a few medical devices that use these style of blades, and even some hair shaping devices.

Of what benefit would it be to drop production on a line that you are already setup to make, especially when there is a steady demand for your products?

Top Bottom