What's new

Think I have enough blades to last a lifetime.

With my 50pk of Nacet blades on order as well as my sampler pack plus the King C Gillette blades, I think I have enough blades to last the rest of my life.

I still have several makes I haven’t tried yet. Once I have tried all blades any makes I don’t like will be made available on a first-come-first-served basis if anyone else wants them.

Happy shaving all!

Jason.

lasta

Blade Biter
I don't make a habit of coming first. Respectfully not in.

But I've gone through 54 blades since July. You'll probably get more mileage elsewhere. :c1:

Last edited:
Respectfully not in Jason, but a very generous offer :thumbsup:

My 2 cents though:

i) Revisiting blades after a while with new gear and stable technique might be worthwhile - keep at least 1-2 blades of each as they don't take up much space.

ii) I know a Gentleman here that stocks/hoards ;) in excess of 20k blades so do a bit of math on what is a "lifelong" supply.

I have currently 3k+ blades and with a turnover of ~150 blades a year. I might stock another 3k but at a leisurly pace in the years to come.

I've got about 500 or so blades, lots of Personna, Nacet and a variety of many others. Probably don't ever need to buy anymore. But I still give many away

People stockpile a $h!tton of blades, and then shave with their current blade as if it were the last one on Eath, boasting about the dozen or more shaves from each blade.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I have enough to last me til I'm 70 at least. Seeing as most of my family have lasted into their 80s I am a bit understocked, though I only need enough to last me whilst I remember what a razor is.

My average life expectancy is 15 years. I shave 200 times per year and I get 4 shaves per blade. Thus, I use 50 blades per year and will need 750 blades to make it through my expected lifespan. If I live longer, I will need more blades. I currently have around 900 blades.

As you age, you beard is likely to get tougher and blades won't last as long. Likewise, you skin tends to get thinner and more sensitive. That is why I only get 4 shaves per blade. Thus, do not count on 50 blades lasting the rest of your life unless you are in your 80s now.

By my current calculations I should be good until my 80th birthday - which is presently still 30+ years away :blush::cuppa: But there are always new and other blades to try!

Excellent PIF Jason - should be helpful for new joiners in testing the blades to their liking.

Cheers,

Guido

Top Bottom