What's new

Things You Sold That You Wish You Hadn't.

Of its cars then it has to be my chick magnet. These were rare when new, so a 19yr old with a 5 yr old one was unheard of.

Renault Fuego 2.0 GLX. Scored more times with that car than any other. Miss that kinda thing too. But I wouldn't spend a day without SWMBO. Or Mrs M as she calls herself. ,😍😄😍

OMG, someone actually BOUGHT those? My Dad worked at AMC, and later under the Renault badge. I was looking at the Fuego as my first "new" car purchase. Shied away from it based on cost (even with Dad's discount).

1. 1966 Shelby GT-350 sn: 651
  2. 1957 Jaguar XK-140-MC roadster
  3. 1951 Jaguar XK-120 roadster
  4. 1959 Mini Cooper panel delivery.
  5. 1974 Land Rover series III
  6. 1967 Maserati Quattroporte
  7. 1954 Nash Metropolitan convertible
That's the "short list"
Did you buy that 1954 Nash Metropolitan convertible from Noel Neil when she played Lois Lane?
Great pinup model!
I can picture her right now when they traveled back in time and she was wearing animal skins.
Short dress.

R75/5
3.1970sR75-5.jpg

GB500
8.gb500.jpg

Both of those bikes* I later regretted selling. However … life moves on and now I'm happy to ride e-bikes. More exercise and age-appropriate speeds :p

*photos are representative, not THE actual bikes

A had an older Kawasaki Ninja 250 I ended up selling after I laid it down. It was incredibly underpowered (for American roads, much of the world will move a family of 5 on a scooter with half the displacement) and I consistently ran into the problems associated with a big guy on a little bike. But there's a lot to be said about a bike that weighs 350 pounds, didn't red line until 14k, and near telepathic handling.

For the guitar players here, I had an old pre Japanese Silvertone. I could pluck a string, go make a sandwich, eat that sandwich, wash and dry the dishes, grab a glass of water, then go back and listen to the end of the note. I really really felt bad at buying it for $200 at a pawn shop. Felt even worse selling it at one hell of a profit.

And then there's the 1956 Winchester Model 12 in 16 gage. A better gun I have never owned, and I've had quite a few come through my safe. She was an old walnut and blued steel, slam fired, bird, duck, and squirrel slaying machine (that's to say the gun shot better than I did).

OMG, someone actually BOUGHT those? My Dad worked at AMC, and later under the Renault badge. I was looking at the Fuego as my first "new" car purchase. Shied away from it based on cost (even with Dad's discount).

You did well then. It drank fuel like no tomorrow, especially how I drove it. Mind when your mates were driving cars like this ford,

5ff16e0c9acec12fd1a0e0114e0e9246.jpg

You can see why I got on well with the opposite sex, pulling up in this 'chick' magnet 😉

RENAULT-FUEGO-00.jpg

I sold a new brush and bowl .. because I stopped using brushes .... now I make all the creams and hard soaps with my hand ...
IMG_20200704_172207.png

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
  1. 1966 Shelby GT-350 sn: 651
  2. 1957 Jaguar XK-140-MC roadster
  3. 1951 Jaguar XK-120 roadster
  4. 1959 Mini Cooper panel delivery.
  5. 1974 Land Rover series III
  6. 1967 Maserati Quattroporte
  7. 1954 Nash Metropolitan convertible
That's the "short list"
I'm right there with ya Mick , EVERY car and bike I owned between 16 and 35 years old

A couple guns: 1897 Winchester and a Ruger Blackhawk. I don't know how many razors i have bought and sold, but the one that stands out was a no-notch Aristocrat. It shaved better than anything i have found or used in all the razors I have had. The cars and motorcycles I don't miss. The one thing I will never part with is a Trek 2200 ZR road bike. It's the last American made Trek and rides as good as a full carbon fiber frame.

'83 Tony Hawk original deck (unused)
'84 Mongoose Supergoose
'87 Nintendo NES and games
'89 Nintendo Game Boy, games, and accessories
'91 Nintendo SNES and games
'96 Nintendo N64 and games
'09 Pontiac G8 GT
Tons of CDs and baseball cards from the late 80s/early 90s, and a lot of other things, but those are the ones I remember a lot.

Top Bottom