What's new

Thin, watery, disappearing lather

Is this what Creamo is supposed to do? I just boldly stated the other day in the A&E thread about how I never
have a bad lather because I load heavy, famous last words. I've used Creamo as kind of a base lather for my soaps
but didn't feel like it was a big improvement in whatever soap I was using so it doesn't see much use. I got an adequate
shave but the lather was terrible.

I use CREMO as a preshave. I find that it makes a difference with reducing irritation. Particularly with my Feather AC SS.

Is this what Creamo is supposed to do? I just boldly stated the other day in the A&E thread about how I never
have a bad lather because I load heavy, famous last words. I've used Creamo as kind of a base lather for my soaps
but didn't feel like it was a big improvement in whatever soap I was using so it doesn't see much use. I got an adequate
shave but the lather was terrible.

The most important part of any lather is the 0.1mm film that's actually coating the surface of your skin. The rest of it is just there to slow down dehydration of that film. If you give Cremo plenty of water, it's fairly slick stuff. I've always had better luck with it using it with no brush. Keep it wet and it will do a pretty good job. In my experience, it's best for a quick 5 minute shave because it dries out too quickly to be used for a marathon shaving event.

Most Cremo products are basically brushless creams I believe. I keep a tube for when I'm in a hurry and want a quick 1 pass shave, and it excels in that capacity for me.

The most important part of any lather is the 0.1mm film that's actually coating the surface of your skin. The rest of it is just there to slow down dehydration of that film. If you give Cremo plenty of water, it's fairly slick stuff. I've always had better luck with it using it with no brush. Keep it wet and it will do a pretty good job. In my experience, it's best for a quick 5 minute shave because it dries out too quickly to be used for a marathon shaving event.
Most Cremo products are basically brushless creams I believe. I keep a tube for when I'm in a hurry and want a quick 1 pass shave, and it excels in that capacity for me.
Agree 100 percent. Cremo is very good for a quick, brushless shave. I find the scents unimpressive, and I've tried 5 or 6 of them. Unscented is fine, though. It's available in an airport carry on size, too.

People have trouble shaving with the Williams because they don't know how to use it. Properly, that is.
Williams mug shaving soap needs a mug, hot water and soaking.
Fill the mug with hottest water from the tap and let Williams soak for 2-3 min. I let mine soak while taking a shower. The same goes for the shaving brush, letting it soak in the bowl or right inside the mug, together with the soap. Then dump some of the water and start loading the brush. You can take the loaded brush to face or continue building lather in a separate bowl.
That simple.

Top Bottom