What's new

Thin Blue Smoke Thread II- BBQ 2010

As if the gluttony of Thanksgiving wasn't enough, I just finished smoking a homemade slab of bacon that has been curing over the past week. Holy crow is this great stuff, and zero work to boot.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
As if the gluttony of Thanksgiving wasn't enough, I just finished smoking a homemade slab of bacon that has been curing over the past week. Holy crow is this great stuff, and zero work to boot.

:w00t:

Now that's just sick. :thumbup1:

I'll need a recipe...........

Scotto,

The bacon looked wonderful!!! I have been wanting to try that, but it is not all that easy to buy porkbelly around here.

I cooked some burgers so that our daughter and SIL would have some to take home, but I did not get any pics.

For dinner, I made some chicken breasts stuffed with pesto, ham and cheese.

I took chunks of the cheese and wrapped them in ham slices before stuffing inside the breasts that had been filled with about two teaspoons of pesto. Wrapping the cheese inside the ham really helps hold it inside the chicken when it cooks.

proxy.php

After tying the breasts, I coated them with DP, Dizzy Dust and I cooked them direct, on a raised grate, with a chunk of apple for flavor.

proxy.php

Here we are with the breasts cut and plated. I served it with some broccoli and leftover stuffing from the turkey.

proxy.php

Wow there is a lot going on there Bill!

Butts with ribs propped up on them?
What cooker you running?

Wow there is a lot going on there Bill!

Butts with ribs propped up on them?
What cooker you running?

We cook pork shoulders and beer can chickens on Memorial day, 4th of July, and Labor day and sell them. The pits are brick block with a concrete slab. There are 2 6x12 for shoulders and ribs and one 6x6 for beer can chickens.

I did a simple cook last night that turned out to be really good. I had seen a post by Ray Lampe (Dr BBQ) about some sausage and cheese, meatball appetizers and could not stop thinking about them (recipe posted below), but I really wanted a burger.

The light went off and I made burgers out of the sausage mixture and served them on toasted, English muffins.

Here they are on the Sm BGE.

proxy.php

This morning I reheated one of the sausage burgers, added a fried egg and had a fast and delicious breakfast.

proxy.php

Here is the original recipe:

Sandi’s Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls in Pepper Jelly Sauce
BGE Forum by Dr. BBQ

Here's the recipe for those meatballs Sandi made at Eggtoberfest.

1 package pork breakfast sausage roll
3/4 C Bisquick
2 C (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Hot Pepper Jelly

Prepare the BGE (grill) to cook indirect at 350
Mix all ingredients except the Hot Pepper Jelly. Shape into 36 one inch balls. Place on grill topper.
Cook 15-18 minutes until firm
Remove from grill and dip in melted hot pepper jelly before serving

I did a simple cook last night that turned out to be really good. I had seen a post by Ray Lampe (Dr BBQ) about some sausage and cheese, meatball appetizers and could not stop thinking about them (recipe posted below), but I really wanted a burger.

The light went off and I made burgers out of the sausage mixture and served them on toasted, English muffins.

Here they are on the Sm BGE.

proxy.php

This morning I reheated one of the sausage burgers, added a fried egg and had a fast and delicious breakfast.

proxy.php

Here is the original recipe:

Sandi’s Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls in Pepper Jelly Sauce
BGE Forum by Dr. BBQ

Here's the recipe for those meatballs Sandi made at Eggtoberfest.

1 package pork breakfast sausage roll
3/4 C Bisquick
2 C (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Hot Pepper Jelly

Prepare the BGE (grill) to cook indirect at 350
Mix all ingredients except the Hot Pepper Jelly. Shape into 36 one inch balls. Place on grill topper.
Cook 15-18 minutes until firm
Remove from grill and dip in melted hot pepper jelly before serving

I gotta say Bob, every time I see your Small egg, it makes me think my Oval Jr. is just too big when I only cook something small and that I need to buy one.

Michael

I got hold of some seasoned apple wood and just couldn't resist.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom