What's new

Thickest Journal w/FP quality Paper Available?

All,

Contemplating keeping a journal for 2013. That said, I don't want to have to change journals throughout the year and I want to use my FPs. Any suggestions for one with a really decent amount of paper? I have the smaller B&B version for work but not sure the larger version will have sufficient paper.

Consider sheet size as well as number of sheets. If you don't insist on one of the small, "journal" sizes, then a regular school sized notebook such as these 192 page, 96 sheet Clairefontaines will hold more per page. The last two that I filled took me about two months each, but then, I blather a lot, and I was writing some things for specific purposes, so 10-20 pages in a day was not uncommon.

You can get 374 page (187 sheet) journals here, but the pages are a much smaller 4.9 x 8.0 inches, and they are very expensive. The paper has a reputation for being high quality, but I have no personal experience with it.

Last edited:
Here is another thing to consider. The thicker the journal the more difficult it can be to comfortably write in it. My lovely wife got me a new journal for Christmas. It is very nice, leather jacket, the paper is FP friendly. But the darn thing is about 1 1/2" thick. So, when writing at the top of the page, no problem I rest my arm on the book. But the bottom 1/4 of the page is a little more of a challenge. I have to put a book or something under my arm to support it. The other problem is that with something that thick the pages don't want to lay flat. After fighting that for a while I gave up and only use one side. I'm sure that once I hit somewhere around the middle I will be able to use both sides and then switch sides as I reach the end.

She also got me a Quo Vatis notebook, which I would rather use. But she seemed so proud at picking the big one out I just had to use it first.

Top Bottom