What's new

Thicker Beard

So i have a couple of places where my beard does not grow as well as the rest of my face - is there a way i can jumpstart my beard in these areas for good with out having to treat them for the rest of my life...??

The biggest things that effect beard growth are your genes and your age. For genes you're stuck with what you got. Age, well that just takes time. Not sure how old you are, but a lot of guys don't really stop developing until there 30s or even 40s. My beard was much better in my mid 30s than my 20s, and I feel it is till getting a little fuller at 40. One thing you can do to help is diet and exercise, anything that makes your body healthy will also help your hair and beard.

It may also just take you more time to fill in a beard. How long have you been growing? Sometimes it can take 3 months or more to fill in a beard. Also different beard styles can help make your beard look fuller, by accenting the strong parts and either getting rid of weak spots or letting strong area grow in and cover over the weaker ones. That kind of depends on where your strong and weak areas are.

It may also just take you more time to fill in a beard. How long have you been growing? Sometimes it can take 3 months or more to fill in a beard. Also different beard styles can help make your beard look fuller, by accenting the strong parts and either getting rid of weak spots or letting strong area grow in and cover over the weaker ones. That kind of depends on where your strong and weak areas are.

I second that. Just let your beard go for a while. After three or four months, you might find that previously bare patches are getting some growth, and other spots are filling in. Overall, everything will get thicker too.

Like everything else, diet, rest and genetics are also important. You can only control a couple of those, so be patient and see what happens. At the very least, you can think about ways to shape your beard to cover up some spot that doesn't completely fill in.

Rogaine works for many.
While it is available OTC now, consulting an expert before going to that step would probably be best, since it is a medication. It may not work in ways that would help the specific issue you are having, since those follicles sound like they have never really grown in thick.

Top Bottom