What's new

Thick beard shaving?

In every DE shaving video, you usually have 2-3 days of growth going up against the razor. One thing I have yet to see is a thick beard being shaved. I would try it myself, but i confess, im a little too scared to try. Has anyone ever tried this who can attest to how it worked out?

i'm not an expert but i think it would be really hard to shave with a beard you should 1st use clippers do bring the hair down to a managable level. plus i doubt you can apply lather properly over a beard

i'm not an expert but i think it would be really hard to shave with a beard you should 1st use clippers do bring the hair down to a managable level. plus i doubt you can apply lather properly over a beard

+1 yep that's what ya gotta do.

I had about 2 weeks worth of growth and shaved it down pretty nicely. I used my progress and had it on the highest setting. Took a good 3-4 passes, but it can be done. I'm just looking into a sharper blade for my thick beard........I've heard great things about the medical prep personna's.

About two years ago I had a thick beard on the go. I did give it a quick trim with some scissors before getting at it, but there was still a lot of beard. I ended up using a HD with a Feather and it went quite well (10 times better than years ago when I tried it with a cartridge). The blade was really done by the time the shave was over, but it worked.

before i jumped to straights i took off a solid 1" beard with a gillette old type and a red ip. with straights, no amount of hair is too much, but your comfort level will suffer. my ideal shave window for straights is 2-3 days - there is just the right amount of hair for the blade to get under and slice.

I can do it with DEs no problem, just need a new blade. I tried the same amount of growth with a straight and had enough irritation afterwards to have learned my lesson.

Top Bottom