What's new

Thick Aftershave Balm

I am looking for a nice, relatively thick, balm. I am using Nivea. It is inexpensive and not bad but I would like to step it up while keeping the same consistency in regard to thickness. Suggestions?

I use Babartsbalm.co.uk

htly thicker than Nivea. They are Argan oil based and they have an amazing range of scents, or, if you prefer, unscented. They also do matching lotions. I am very impressed with their performance, they work well on my skin and the scent is reasonably long lasting.

My youngest daughter has mild eczema and hates using the thick creams she gets on prescription, so I asked Bart for a sample of the unscented balm and lotion . They work well, as good or better than most of the other stuff she's used, but much more pleasant to use.

Not sure about the etiquette of posting links on here, but assuming it's OK:

Bartsbalm: Argan Oil Beard Oils, After Shave Balms, Aftershave Lotions – Bart's Balm

No affiliation, other than a happy customer.

Here is one you're going to like... Goes on with a slightly thicker consistency than Nivea with a long lasting feeling that is superior (for me). I'm a big splash guy, but this stuff can't be beat after a really rough shave or in the cold dry winter.

aftershave.jpg

I use Babartsbalm.co.uk

htly thicker than Nivea. They are Argan oil based and they have an amazing range of scents, or, if you prefer, unscented. They also do matching lotions. I am very impressed with their performance, they work well on my skin and the scent is reasonably long lasting.

My youngest daughter has mild eczema and hates using the thick creams she gets on prescription, so I asked Bart for a sample of the unscented balm and lotion . They work well, as good or better than most of the other stuff she's used, but much more pleasant to use.

Not sure about the etiquette of posting links on here, but assuming it's OK:

Bartsbalm: Argan Oil Beard Oils, After Shave Balms, Aftershave Lotions – Bart's Balm

No affiliation, other than a happy customer.

Jeez, that was a bit fat fingered. How do you edit posts on here?

I am looking for a nice, relatively thick, balm. I am using Nivea. It is inexpensive and not bad but I would like to step it up while keeping the same consistency in regard to thickness. Suggestions?

Used Nivea sensitive for a few years, Doves sensitive balm has a similar consitency, but feels better.

I have used 444 balm for years and love it.
A menthol blast that dissipates quickly. I mix mine (a large pea size amount) with any aftershave mixed together in the hand before applying.
A really nice product.

Actually if you hit the 3 stripey looking thing under your post, one of the options is edit.

I don't get the stripy thingy, just a check box and the only options that appear when I click that are to delete the post. Maybe because I'm a newbie? Or because I'm using chrome on Android?

The L'Occitane balms are very nice, but pricey. Same with AOS balms. I agree with @johnwick about the Pre de Provence balm. No. 63 is my favorite. IIRC, these are about half the price of the L'Occitane ones, and almost as good.

Stirling and Chatillion Lux make what I would consider thick balms. I like PdP, Lisa's Natural, and Wholly Kaw's balms more though. If I could get an unscented balm that was just like the PdP balm, I probably wouldn't use anything else.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
There is a built in time limit for editing your posts.
After that time you cannot edit.

Artisan Soap Shoppe has thick balms, they're awesome! I think there may be alcohol in them so double check before pulling the trigger.

I find that Stirling's balms are thicker than Nivea. You only need a tiny amount as it doesn't seem to absorb into the skin as quickly as the Nivea. Both give excellent post shave performance but with Stirling you get more available scents.

I like only natural products on my skin. This aftershave balm from a small boutique company called Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve is awesome. All natural ingredients. Essential oils, not artificial perfumes. It's not cheap but a very small amount goes a long way. After Shave Balm: Mint Mist

01B5874F-31F1-4E5E-A198-E46EF58644C5.png
01B5874F-31F1-4E5E-A198-E46EF58644C5.png
I don't get the stripy thingy, just a check box and the only options that appear when I click that are to delete the post. Maybe because I'm a newbie? Or because I'm using chrome on Android?

Like the gent above says, there is a time limit. You should see this for a time after you post though?

Top Bottom