What's new

They're spreading the word...

i dont really want the word to get out lol. i like our LITTLE community. i dont mind people coming in slowly into this world but i dont want the masses to start wet shaving. sure its good for business but its bad for the buyer. ymmv though

Funny. I'm set for years so I say "Let 'em come!"

True, my future Le Grelots and Cark Monkhouses may become more expensive but as long as people start using their heads more I'm willing to take that hit.

Hopefully people will start demanding the same value from... other facets of their lives :biggrin1:

Wouldn't it be nice to walk into the corner drug store and actually have an assortment of products to choose from. Of course they would never replace the classic shaving shop but it would be nice when away from home and in need of product to be able to find it anywhere.

The more the merrier. I need to be able to purchase great soaps and creams and DE blades off my local shop shelves!

Who knows how its going to go. If enough people did the digging that has been done by we the shaving elite the whole aura of the latest and greatest just falls apart. You come to realize that the reason for the latest shaving "innovations" isn't about improving the performance of the razor but more about getting and keeping one up on the competition and insuring market dominance. Hopefully the more people hear about classic shaving the more demand will grow. What'd be nice to have is a high profile person call the big players in the market out on their shenanigans.

I agree. It's not a zero sum game. The more of us there are, the more purchasing power we'll have and the more products there will be. Plus it will bring the greedy bastards who ruined Gillette to their knees.

i dont really want the word to get out lol. i like our LITTLE community. i dont mind people coming in slowly into this world but i dont want the masses to start wet shaving. sure its good for business but its bad for the buyer. ymmv though

Exactly my thoughts...however the more there are hopefully more places will carry products, just not replace the classic shaving shops.

+1

I would love it. Arko at every Walgreens, Speick at Target. Would make traveling a tad easier.

+1!

I've posted some DE shaving links to my FB page, and yesterday a co-worker stopped by to ask me about it. He seemed intrigued by the cost-effectiveness of DE shaving (once the up front costs are out of the way), and the claim that it gives one a better shave. So, maybe a convert in the making. But I agree that being able to go into a store anywhere in the country and have a chance at buying some quality shaving supplies would be great. But then, to reach that point DE shaving would have to be the practice of millions of men, not just the thousands (tens of thousands?) who are shaving that way today. (How about a "Million Man DE March on DC" Anyone?)

If new businesses and products came about by the return of mainstream users to traditional shaving, that might be good. But...I'm thinking only China and other countries will get the manufacturing benefits. Like right now I have to buy China-made Schick injector blades for my injector razor. I just bought some face towels from WCS for face soaking. I see they're made in China.

So, I like buying the old "made in USA" shave gear. If the hordes wake up and start buying up the "vintage" items, supply and demand might get ugly.

If new businesses and products came about by the return of mainstream users to traditional shaving, that might be good. But...I'm thinking only China and other countries will get the manufacturing benefits. Like right now I have to buy China-made Schick injector blades for my injector razor. I just bought some face towels from WCS for face soaking. I see they're made in China.

If you haven't been there yet classicshaving.com has a made in USA section in their online store.

Top Bottom