What's new

They're onto us! Cops at gun buyback refused AR15 stripped lower receivers

A church in Columbia SC sponsored a gun buyback offering $100 for handguns and $250 for "assault weapons". On a whim a buddy who's an FFL took a couple of Poverty Pony lowers over there to see if they'd bite. They didn't stating the church stipulated that all turn-ins had to be "functioning firearms". He was also interviewed by a local TV reporter who didn't like his opinions on the fact that such events are nothing more than political theater.

Another friend also dumped off a blown-up 9mm pistol and got his $100. Again, so much for "functioning firearms". He's using his $100 towards ammo purchases as he's getting his CCW. On my suggestion he only included one of three 17-rd magazines as part of the turn-in. I'm trading him some ammo for the other two.

Pretty obvious that the church's decision as to what was going to be accepted was coached by the Richland Co. Sheriff's Office.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
A church in Columbia SC sponsored a gun buyback offering $100 for handguns and $250 for "assault weapons". On a whim a buddy who's an FFL took a couple of Poverty Pony lowers over there to see if they'd bite. They didn't stating the church stipulated that all turn-ins had to be "functioning firearms". He was also interviewed by a local TV reporter who didn't like his opinions on the fact that such events are nothing more than political theater.

Another friend also dumped off a blown-up 9mm pistol and got his $100. Again, so much for "functioning firearms". He's using his $100 towards ammo purchases as he's getting his CCW. On my suggestion he only included one of three 17-rd magazines as part of the turn-in. I'm trading him some ammo for the other two.

Lol’d @ “poverty ponies”. :)

The content creator knew going into this that they would refuse the two lowers. Getting the money (which would have resulted in a tidy profit which is why they were refused) was not the point. The point was to expose the lie that gun buybacks do any good. Those guns are not coming "off the street" but then I'm preaching to the choir here.

Might get a few Saturday night specials off the street. If they do great, if they don’t it’s their money. They can do whatever they want to with it….

I bet some of the church brothers are waiting for some old widow to turn in a nice Wingmaster or Browning shotgun!!

Top Bottom