What's new

They got the tatoo wrong, but ...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
From today's news ...

Heroes star Hayden Panettiere isn't fazed by the misspelt tattoo on her back - because she doesn't have to look at it.

The 19-year-old has the saying Vivere senza rimipiantic - meaning live without regret in Italian - etched on her back, but the tattooist made a mistake with the spelling.

But Panettiere isn't bothered about the incorrect inking, as she can't even see it.

She says, "It is misspelled, whatever, I just put my own spin to it. Chances are I'll probably get it fixed, but that's why I love having it on my back because I don't get bored of it.

"I don't have to stare at it all the time, but then you have it on your back and you don't realize that it's misspelled either!"

Well, she doesn't regret the tatoo even with the error ... not a bad attitude given what the tatoo was supposed to say! :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, how much do tattoos usually cost?

There was a sign in the place where I got my first tattoo. It read, "Cheap tattoos aren't good, good tattoos aren't cheap". If you're looking into getting one, do a thorough check of the place and the artist's portfolio, then worry about money. Most good places are willing to work out some sort of payment program.

Vivere senza rimipiantic - meaning live without regret in Italian

The tattoo artist should have that forcibly tatooed to his/her forehead.

Her last name is French so I found it curious that she'd get a tattoo in Italian. I just did a Google search to look up her family history and surprisingly, she was born 20 minutes from me. You learn something new every day.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Her last name is French so I found it curious that she'd get a tattoo in Italian. I just did a Google search to look up her family history and surprisingly, she was born 20 minutes from me. You learn something new every day.

Was she born 20 minutes before or after you?

:rolleyes:

Her last name is French so I found it curious that she'd get a tattoo in Italian.

I read an article about youth in Iran that get tattoos (which are forbidden), and one of the most requested type of tattoo is Hebrew lettering. One girl was asked why she'd risk getting Hebrew lettering of all things, and she said, "I just think it looks pretty." I guess it is similar to how so many Westerners have Asian lettering.

My sister and brother-in-law have several tattoos each, but I could never have one. I don't even wear rings or bracelets or a watch, I don't think I could do a tattoo which is far more permanent!

There was a sign in the place where I got my first tattoo. It read, "Cheap tattoos aren't good, good tattoos aren't cheap". If you're looking into getting one, do a thorough check of the place and the artist's portfolio, then worry about money. Most good places are willing to work out some sort of payment program.

Not interested, just curious. Thanks :smile:

A Chinese-American man was talking to me about the fad of having a Chinese word tattooed on the neck or some other visible part of the body. He told me he'd seen any number of people with something like "Broccoli Beef" on them.

I had a friend in high school that got an japaneese character on his back, and then we had our friend from japan tell him that it spelled "dog" we had him going for about a week before we let him know the truth...ah good times.

"Chances are I'll probably get it fixed, but that's why I love having it on my back because I don't get bored of it.

"I don't have to stare at it all the time, but then you have it on your back and you don't realize that it's misspelled either!"

Why get a tattoo if it's a burden to look at it? The stupidity of some people is beyond me.

"Chances are I'll probably get it fixed, but that's why I love having it on my back because I don't get bored of it.

Why get a tattoo if it's a burden to look at it? The stupidity of some people is beyond me.

Because she gets paid for getting other people to look at, and talk about, her.

In this picture it looks like she is trying to erase it with saliva....

proxy.php

I can even offer my help, if necessary....:biggrin:

A Chinese-American man was talking to me about the fad of having a Chinese word tattooed on the neck or some other visible part of the body. He told me he'd seen any number of people with something like "Broccoli Beef" on them.

Priceless! :biggrin:

Live with no regrets? It would have been so much simpler and to the point to get "Razionalizzare" instead.

Top Bottom