What's new

They Call Me Tater Salad

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Looking at your Mum's recipe, I know my Mum's recipe didn't have that Indian Relish ... but did have cubed dill pickles instead. And sliced radishes. Those would be the main differences.
Can you imagine adding a little Dungeness crab or maybe a little lobster in that potato salad?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This week will be very stressful. I’m headed to my hometown to bury my dad. After that I want to grill and barbecue and drink beer in the backyard. I’d like to have at least two or three weeks with no issues. I can’t think of a better thing to make then my mothers potato salad. So all of y’all are welcome to come over and sit a spell.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This week will be very stressful. I’m headed to my hometown to bury my dad. After that I want to grill and barbecue and drink beer in the backyard. I’d like to have at least two or three weeks with no issues. I can’t think of a better thing to make then my mothers potato salad. So all of y’all are welcome to come over and sit a spell.
Sorry to hear that. Wish I could join you. No matter your age, losing a parent isn’t easy.

Sorry to hear this mate.

shavefan

I’m not a fan

Sorry for your loss Aaron.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

I'm sorry I just saw this and couldn't join you. May you find peace, friend.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.

So sorry for your loss Aaron.

I can only join your barbecue virtually but I can and will raise a real glass in your honor this Independence Day.
proxy.php

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Sorry to hear of your loss. Hoist one in his honor and memory!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I am absolutely there in spirit!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Mrs. Hippie's tater salad starts with baked potatoes. She likes to do meal-preppish things, so we usually have some pre-baked potatoes and other ingredients floating around.

The pickles she uses are a freezer pickle we make lots of every summer. They're called "Lime and Mint" but my inability to leave words alone changed it to "Mime and Lint" years ago and that's how we all know it. Shallots intead of onions -- we grow a very aromatic blue shallot variety that adds a bit of colour, too.

It's always a good day when she looks around and says, "I want some potato salad."

O.H.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mrs. Hippie's tater salad starts with baked potatoes. She likes to do meal-preppish things, so we usually have some pre-baked potatoes and other ingredients floating around.

The pickles she uses are a freezer pickle we make lots of every summer. They're called "Lime and Mint" but my inability to leave words alone changed it to "Mime and Lint" years ago and that's how we all know it. Shallots intead of onions -- we grow a very aromatic blue shallot variety that adds a bit of colour, too.

It's always a good day when she looks around and says, "I want some potato salad."

O.H.
I like the idea of shallots. In a pinch maybe red onions.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Being naturally lazy, compounded by being two martinis into the evening, this is a pretty good recipe: Boil red potatoes in water well salted and seasoned further with a bit of vinegar. Drain the potatoes and add lots of celery in a quarter inch dice, red onion in an 1/8" dice, a bunch of chopped up Del Dixie or Southern Maid pickles, add mayonnaise (Duke's or home made), yellow mustard (Heinz or Whataburger), celery seed, and pickle juice. Mix and keep correcting until you are in love with it.

Top Bottom