What's new

They are younger now - how did that happen?

1898653.jpg

I got busy for a few years, turned around and suddenly they are all younger than me. Who am I referring to? Why, it is the police officers, physicians, dentists, local business owners, new neighbors, and so on.

I need to know if this is limited to the Midwest or has it spread to your area of the nation too? It is getting entirely out of hand!

One thing is for sure, it isn't ME - no, no - I have nothing to do with it, nothing at all...

It's the same here in Ireland. I had to see the optician last week (pun intended) and it looked like the strings on my bass were older than she was. No questioning her ability or competence at all, but she must have been a protege.

The strings are the original and the bass is from the early/mid 90s so about 10 years ago...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's a byproduct of living a wonderful life.

I recently had some guy trying to give me unsolicited and unprovoked relationship advice (yes, at a bar). He seemed rather young, so I asked his age. I then informed him that my marriage was older than he was.

And, yes, he was single. I asked him if he'd like a few pointers.

The earlies version of this for me, was being on the campus of my alma mater, a handful of years after I graduated, and me and my friend looked at each other, wondering when they started taking in 12 year olds.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
GIF by SundanceTV

I’ve even got the M1 to go with the phrase. I knew I was getting older when I realized I was old enough to be the parent of a lot of people I was working with.
Hit me hard when I had a beautiful young lady that werked as a nurse's aide show me a picture of her beautiful young daughter. Her dtr was my son's age.

I was old enough to be the Aide's dad, which meant I was old enough to be my only begotten son's grampa!

Which I guess means that my lovely bride and I will be old enough to be great grand parents if we ever have a grand kid!

Now I FEEL like my own Grampa after reading this!

FarmerTan

Whoever originally sang that song was the only version I remember.... One of the radio stations out of Detroit used to play that song, maybe WJR? on Saturday mornings. I'd sit on the floor while Dad was listening and laughing and singing along.... I'd always sit there trying to figger out what that guy was talking about! Thanks my friend! You even gave me a diagram to help me!

FarmerTan

I have a sweater that my dad wore when he was younger back in the 60s and 70s. I have another that my parents got me in the mid-80s.
I'm a self described cheapskate, but honestly, how does an old sweater go out of style for a man? My wife wears one that a mutual friend made forty years ago that belonged to her father! Looks better on my wife obviously. (I know who cooks most of my meals!)

Top Bottom