What's new

These Retro Camper Trailers Are Just the Freaking Cutest ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Whoa...these are some super-cool Camper-Trailers...just the thing, light on the wallet & big enough for me and the Mrs. :thumbsup:

Motor Trend Staff - 19 Sept 19

"If retro camping in an Airstream appeals to you, you're gonna love Barefoot Caravans. These super cool, egg-like pods hail from the U.K. and are expected to go on sale in the U.S. in 2020 through trailer and camper builder nuCamp RV. They've been available since 2015 and feature a fiberglass monocoque body on a steel chassis, and they include features such as a full bathroom with a shower, a kitchen, solid oak countertops, a fridge with freezer, and an audio system.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The windows feature screens to keep out pesky flies, and there's also a ventilated roof light, a heating and hot water system, an onboard water tank, LED lighting, and U-shaped vinyl seating that converts into a six-by-six-foot bed. Overall, the campers measure roughly 93 inches tall, 76 inches wide, and 200 inches long.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The 13-inch wheels have retro dish hubcaps—including the spare—and standard colors are Pale Gray, Cotswold Cream, and Duck Egg Blue, although any hue can be specified for a fee. The kitchen units, seating, and even the window treatments are all customizable.

No pricing has been announced for U.S. models at this time but the campers start at £25,500 in the U.K., or about $33,321 at today's exchange rates. Our only question: How soon until we can take one on a trip"?

Works Cited: Retro Campers

proxy.php
"Go camping and if you run out of ideas...hit the road!" Camp Proverb

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yes and yes!

I wanted one of the "teardrop" campers, even more spartan. And therefore easy to tow, important.

Wife used the word "divorce" ...

AA

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They are a nice camper/caravan but I little pricey for me. Will be interesting to see if they make it out to Australia and how much they will be out here. Our dollar is pretty crap compared to other countries dollar/pound.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
$33,321 :a47: Very cool little campers but holy cats!

I've been considering one of these, but don't know if I'd use it enough to justify the purchase. Tall enough for me to stand up in and about $10,000 cheaper than the Airstream. the small ones are even cheaper. I saw one of the small teardrop trailers under a carport in town, and a few of the small ones go by the house on the way to the lake. There are plans on the net on how to build your own. Small teardrops were popular in the '50s and '60s.

Explore the Little Guy Mini Max

Little Guy Mini MAX | Teardrop Trailer

https://thetinylife.com/all-about-teardrop-trailers-take-your-tiny-life-on-the-road/

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I've been considering one of these, but don't know if I'd use it enough to justify the purchase. Tall enough for me to stand up in and about $10,000 cheaper than the Airstream. the small ones are even cheaper. I saw one of the small teardrop trailers under a carport in town, and a few of the small ones go by the house on the way to the lake. There are plans on the net on how to build your own. Small teardrops were popular in the '50s and '60s.

Explore the Little Guy Mini Max

Little Guy Mini MAX | Teardrop Trailer

https://thetinylife.com/all-about-teardrop-trailers-take-your-tiny-life-on-the-road/
Mike:
I would just 'die' for one of these custom teardrops! :drool:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

[Teardrop] "Camping is the answer...who cares what the question is" Anonymous

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Mike:
I would just 'die' for one of these custom teardrops! :drool:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

[Teardrop] "Camping is the answer...who cares what the question is" Anonymous

Oh that looks nice. And a woodie!

Although that would be easy to tow, I'd like a bit more interior room than a bed, entertainment center, and a kitchen under the hatch. Something that would be comfortable to stay in if a storm came up for a few days at the site.

That's about the size of the one I see parked in town and the ones that go by here, but the one in town has what looks like aluminum sides. That wood does look good. It is worth considering, especially for the price. I don't know if I'm ready to spend $20,000-$25,000 on a bigger one though.

My truck has a bed cover so I have plenty of room to store things like a small generator, fuel, and other equipment. The U.S. Marshals museum in Ft. Smith is due to open in a few days and even a small one would be easier that messing with a hotel room if I go up there for a few days.

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Oh that looks nice. And a woodie!

Although that would be easy to tow, I'd like a bit more interior room than a bed, entertainment center, and a kitchen under the hatch. Something that would be comfortable to stay in if a storm came up for a few days at the site.

That's about the size of the one I see parked in town and the ones that go by here, but the one in town has what looks like aluminum sides. That wood does look good. It is worth considering, especially for the price. I don't know if I'm ready to spend $20,000-$25,000 on a bigger one though.

My truck has a bed cover so I have plenty of room to store things like a small generator, fuel, and other equipment. The U.S. Marshals museum in Ft. Smith is due to open in a few days and even a small one would be easier that messing with a hotel room if I go up there for a few days.
Mike:
shave-den-11-jpg.786811
I really think this "woodie" teardrop would be awesome for one (think traveling
'man-cave'). :ihih:

"Honey, say what...lets 'teardrop' everything and just go and not come back for a while"! CBJ

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah; my wife said something about real tears if she had to camp in one ... Another dream vanishes.

AA :001_unsur

I have an old 78 serro scotty canned ham style camper we got and fixed up pretty nice. Unfortunately it took a bit of time and once it was finished the wife and child didn't want to go anymore. So I need to let this one go at some point. Talk about another dream vanishing. I also sold the truck with the tow hitch so can't even use it if I wanted.

But these are really nice cool old campers.

scotty.jpg
scotty1.jpg

We sold off our 26-footer this fall. Now we’re looking for a smaller trailer that’s easier to get into the fishing spots. TAB trailers are awesome, so that’s what we’re keeping an eye out for
60F4C4BD-F35D-4C92-B040-A1EF8CB29C0C.jpeg

Top Bottom