What's new

these one and done chaps

well i just cant stand it i have tried the one and done a few times and cant get on with it . Now i have tried all the settings on my rockwell 6 right up to number six and i still feel unshaven on a one and done shave just dont feel right so im going to stick to my 3 pass on setting 4 with a gsb blade . so sorry one and done aint for me .

Almost impossible unless SAS is what you are looking for. The additional two passes cannot take more than 3 minutes anyway.

well i just cant stand it i have tried the one and done a few times and cant get on with it . Now i have tried all the settings on my rockwell 6 right up to number six and i still feel unshaven on a one and done shave just dont feel right so im going to stick to my 3 pass on setting 4 with a gsb blade . so sorry one and done aint for me .
I can't do just 1 pass either, just too much stubble for me.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Anywhere between one pass and four passes for me, depending on my mood and motivation. It's usually two or three passes, but sometimes it's just the one pass, and occasionally I'll refuse to leave the mirror until I hit perfection (3.1/2 to 4 passes). That's with DE. I tend to take fewer passes with a straight or shavette, as I can go in directions with a DE that I can't with a straight (horizontally on the neck, for example).

I'm a two pass shaver, using a combination of wtg, xtg, and atg in different areas. My neck can't handle atg so I go wtg and xtg there. However, my upper lip and cheeks can handle atg so I go wtg then atg in those spots. That usually leaves me with a dfs which I'm content with. If I tried to chase bbs it would leave me with too much irritation.

I have a tough, fast-growing beard and sensitive skin. I do not quite get BBS, but I am looking for a near-BBS shave with zero irritation. I can achieve that with the right hardware and software and a four-pass shave: WTG, XTG, ATG, plus clean-up on my jawline and chin. I also apply lather a for a fifth pass and allow it to nourish my skin while I clean up my equipment. It takes me 30 minutes to shower, shave and get dressed.

I can ATG one pass with no issues using a Gem if I’m in a hurry and need a shave. I’m not in a hurry anymore. I routinely do 2-3 passes, mainly with a straight.

look its simple when the lady in your life ask's you do you rush a one pass , or do you take your time and make sure you did it right by doing it a few times . this may not apply to those from Canada :em2300:

I look clean-shaven after one pass, but there's definitely stubble left over. I need at least two passes for a DFS and three for a near-BBS. Four passes is a bit much, according to past experience, but I may try it again now that my a) my technique has improved; b) my lathering has improved; and c) why not?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I cannot do a one pass shave with a DE. It would be possible with a cartridge razor for me but it might have to be a one pass ATG. I still think I will pass on one and done.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
One pass looks pretty good from a short distance away. Two passes feels good with the grain, but I simply cannot get BBS. Three passes does it for me. If I didn't care about my wife, er. . . BBS I would always go with two passes.

Top Bottom