What's new

These might be the coolest razors I've seen for sale...

Of course, more of a piece of art than anything you'd have in your rotation... I wonder, though, how well they shave...

Steve56 has some orihi kamisoris, he should be able to answer that question. I guess they shave just fine.

Reactions: PWJ
orihi kamisoris used to pop up on fleabay fairly often about 7-8 yr ago. Don't remember any as nice as the set above though. I had one for a short while, didn't like it very much. Felt weird to shave with, was awkward. It might still be floating around here somewhere. Stuff like that gets lost easily. I prefer the offset of a later model Kamisori. That set above, seems like legit museum piece, like a national treasure sorta thing. Seems odd that it's for sale on a public auction site.

Reactions: PWJ
orihi kamisoris used to pop up on fleabay fairly often about 7-8 yr ago. Don't remember any as nice as the set above though. I had one for a short while, didn't like it very much. Felt weird to shave with, was awkward. It might still be floating around here somewhere. Stuff like that gets lost easily. I prefer the offset of a later model Kamisori. That set above, seems like legit museum piece, like a national treasure sorta thing. Seems odd that it's for sale on a public auction site.
Agree, it is a bit odd. I assume you would buy it primarily as an exhibition piece and for the coolness factor of it having been owned by a Shogun.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
They shave fine. They’re very light, and the steel in mine are very, very, hard.

FEA8FDB1-F513-4E35-9545-17215590AD9B.jpeg
7CF05060-7560-4E5C-9C7E-8D4C05FC97D3.jpeg
BF132BFC-2DA3-4940-99BB-B27FA86E4838.jpeg

Top Bottom