What's new

These damn sights

2 weeks ago I picked up these Trijicon HD XR sights to replace the standard Glock OEM plastics. All I can say is WOW. I wasn’t sure what to think of the thinner front blade and U notch rear combo, but I am a fan. You’re probably not going to win any marksmanship trophies with it, but it does exactly what I wanted, super fast acquisitions for these aging eyes.
As you can see they are not cheap 😬 and now all my other sights just don’t measure up, so these damn sights are probably going to end up cost me a small fortune converting them.

Sorry for the horrible pic
3F3D6D26-5CEB-4A14-810E-FDE156C18A3C.jpeg

C62B30BF-8E3C-4431-973C-27BFEFE29090.jpeg

Last edited:
I have decided to go the mono-vision route last year, which means my left eye is for reading and my right eye is for distance, that way they work together without glasses. To achieve this I wear a CRT lens in my right eye (just at night) to reshape the eyeball for distance. This now means I’m using my non-dominant eye (left) to view thru my sights. It’s an improvement, but something that took a little while to get used too.

I really like that narrow post wide notch setup.

My eyes are getting bad so I depend on Crimson Trace built into my trigger guard but if it fails I am fairly good at point/shoot after decades of working on it, even if my target is a bit fuzzy. I suspect if the shtf I would not have the time to line up a good sight
picture anyway.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I really like that narrow post wide notch setup.

My eyes are getting bad so I depend on Crimson Trace built into my trigger guard but if it fails I am fairly good at point/shoot after decades of working on it, even if my target is a bit fuzzy. I suspect if the shtf I would not have the time to line up a good sight
picture anyway.
You may not notice, but when you are focusing on the sights during practice, your subconscious is taking in the whole sight picture- not just the sights. At least with archery the more you practice and get the rest of the picture in your head, you are more capable of doing good quick shots. I hope that makes some sense.

You may not notice, but when you are focusing on the sights during practice, your subconscious is taking in the whole sight picture- not just the sights. At least with archery the more you practice and get the rest of the picture in your head, you are more capable of doing good quick shots. I hope that makes some sense.
Archery, only thing I remember about that was from a long time ago: It hurt my fingers after a while. And I could not hit anything I was shooting at. Went promptly back to firearms. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Archery, only thing I remember about that was from a long time ago: It hurt my fingers after a while. And I could not hit anything I was shooting at. Went promptly back to firearms. :)
It is amazing what one or two lessons with a competent instructor can do for you. Most places will rent you the equipment so that you get a chance to see if you like it before buying. I have found that target archery is improving my pistol targeting. It has reduced my target “panic”. Plus, it is a heck of a lot cheaper to spend 2-3 hours at the archery range with my grandson than the gun range. :)

Top Bottom