What's new

There's Somethin' bout Brass

Just finished up this SC. Turned out pretty good, but coulda got out a few more nicks if i had some lower grit. Finished with 2500 and Midas Touch cream. Anyone know of way to get gold plating off other than polishing? Its hard to get down in the knurling.
563B4BE1-2ECB-4A87-91CF-EE599F9BE0B8.jpeg
2F2D8A7E-C6C0-4516-958E-19D4AFBCF0FE.jpeg

@Jayboz The redder parts are copper. I passed on one of these because I knew it would never match, although will work just fine. You could always have it plated....or just use it!

Nice cleanup job! :clap:

"In addition to the metallic copper surfaces, copper oxides, REGARDLESS of their oxidation state: cupric oxide (CuO) or cuprous oxide (Cu2O), have both shown antibacterial activity, although usually being considered less effective than pure copper." Emphasis mine.

Antimicrobial even when oxidized.

Got a couple NEW SC and LC on the way!

Oh Yeah!

Well Brass has those that love it, I am not a GOLD GUY, would rather have Silver Colored metal, not a fan of Brass or Gold. But there are some photo posted of Brass Razor with Patina, that are good looking.

Recall back in Military alway having to have Brass Buttons, and Belts on UNIFORMS Shiny, if your Uniform & Brass were not spic n span you were in trouble.

Well BRASS is beautiful, looking at all the photos of Brass Razor with Patina or Tarnishing. I call patina, PERSONALITY.

Brasso or Magic Wadding Polishing will remove personality, and make BRASS SUPER SHINNY.

Top Bottom