What's new

There's a Wet Shaving Club

So, apparently there is a Wet Shaving Club. I checked out the websites and most of the products are Merkur, Parker, or renamed Baili. Well, I think I found a gem in the rough. Apparently they have an Artisan Safety Razor. A stainless steel, made in the USA, Safety razor. Anyway, they were having a sale and Picked one up for less than $60. Here's a pic of it from their website;
proxy.php

I've never used this, nor heard of it. However, for $60 bucks for a SS razor I will more than happily add it to my collection. Anyone here have any idea about this company or this razor?

It's a handsome razor, but how do you know it's stainless steel. I checked the site and found nothing there mentioning the materials, and knowing how in demand stainless is these days, I would think that would be their opening pitch.

It's a handsome razor, but how do you know it's stainless steel. I checked the site and found nothing there mentioning the materials, and knowing how in demand stainless is these days, I would think that would be their opening pitch.
It’s says it right there on the site that it’s stainless.

5FD25625-5C50-49F8-B910-A9CE7EC7D5B7.jpeg
If that means anything.

B&B is the one true wet shave club! You’re already a member. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested in your experience after you receive it. Stainless steel and hand crafted in the US for less than 60 USD...

I am curious how the handle performs with wet and perhaps soapy hands...

Enjoy the razor!

mycroft

For $60 it can hardly be made in USA. They probably got the razor from china and did some touch up work with it, like polishing.

They are machining beautiful stainless razors in Canada for that price. It may be injection molded stainless too, I’ll bet that process costs less than machining. If it passes the eye test and shaves well, that’s all that matters to me.

They are machining beautiful stainless razors in Canada for that price. It may be injection molded stainless too, I’ll bet that process costs less than machining. If it passes the eye test and shaves well, that’s all that matters to me.

MIM is far more costly for the initial eqpmt. /outlay setup.

I don't know this razor maker but I do know these were previously listed on etsy & amazon. I recall from the info that was posted there that these are USA artisan made from either 303 or 304 ss. There were a lot more pictures & the blade fitting method is like the Game Changers - studs on the base plate. If I recall correctly, the maker was an engineer or tool & die guy that is a shaving hobbyist. Sorry I can't recall/find the etsy link but it seemed legit.

After looking at the link that @rusty1 provided, the head looks very similar to the RR Game Changer .84, which really is not a bad thing since it is one of my favorite razors.
That was my thought too. Despite the similarities, the main differences seem to be the type of steel used & that the blade ends aren't covered. For those that had trouble with blade removal with the GC, this may be an alternative.

That's a good price on that razor. I like the handle length and the way the blade is supported. I don't need it, but I still might get one at that price.

Top Bottom