What's new

Theirs-Issard in US?

Is there anyone marketing a good selection of Thiers-Issard in the US? I can find french sites that don’t seem to sell outside of France.

Not that the wife would let me, but I want one with a Grelot blade and the spine engraved with the Fleur de Lys. Lastly I would like bone or horn scales.

They exist in France. So I know I’m not asking for the impossible, but US dealers seem to have all but abandoned them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-I seems to have fallen from favor with the US razor sellers.
Best selection is with Invisible Edge (UK) and Fendrihan (CA);
Complaints about iffy QC may have been a factor.
I guess if you really want a T-I, the aforementioned vendors are a decent choice. Both seem to be pretty reputable.

T-I seems to have fallen from favor with the US razor sellers.
Best selection is with Invisible Edge (UK)

They do have nice razors, just not the animal I’m looking for. Maybe I need to reach out to them.

T-I seems to have fallen from favor with the US Complaints about iffy QC may have been a factor

Sad, I was afraid I might hear something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...this is taken from the website of a pretty well-respected Canadian shave supply store. It instills no confidence in me.

“Note: Thiers-Issard are excellent performing razors, but since they are hand made there is always issue's like minor uneven bevels. Also every Thiers razor comes with a small amount of hone wear from the factory. These things cannot be helped, but in no way does this affect the amazing shave these razors put out.”

Just curious...ever looked at Ralf Aust or Brian Brown razors? Great blades..decent prices. Jerry Stark is another viable option too..

I have been looking at a TI but as stated the razors seems to have issues but the issues like uneven bevels and such don’t affect the shave but when spending $400 on a razor you would expect it to be extremely well made with attention to detail.

I have been looking at a TI but as stated the razors seems to have issues but the issues like uneven bevels and such don’t affect the shave but when spending $400 on a razor you would expect it to be extremely well made with attention to detail.

Sounds like more Koraats for everybody! Pretty sure Ulrik could provide a pretty amazing custom for the price of the TI. I can't remember if you have a Koraat yet William?

Top Bottom