What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Used PPA scentless. Wow it made a very noticeable difference. Better and more lather easier. Also it was slicker noticeably than the Vander Hagen. I used barely any from just the extra sample size and still had way more lather than needed. Loved the shave and it went even faster. It applied faster and stayed foamy longer.

I decided no scuttle is going to be needed. I can't even use the luscious later I make now. At this rate the sample size will last me six months lol. I have enough soap for the rest of my life already.

Also I like no scent at all. Cause yay body sprays.

So far my plan of shelling out for the best product to not trigger my acquisition disorder is working. I do t feel like buying more stuff. Hm

Used PPA scentless. Wow it made a very noticeable difference. Better and more lather easier. Also it was slicker noticeably than the Vander Hagen. I used barely any from just the extra sample size and still had way more lather than needed. Loved the shave and it went even faster. It applied faster and stayed foamy longer.

I decided no scuttle is going to be needed. I can't even use the luscious later I make now. At this rate the sample size will last me six months lol. I have enough soap for the rest of my life already.

Also I like no scent at all. Cause yay body sprays.

So far my plan of shelling out for the best product to not trigger my acquisition disorder is working. I do t feel like buying more stuff. Hm

Great choice on PAA. It's fantastic soap and a little goes a long way for sure. One of the best out there in my opinion.

So I certainly noticed PAA was less dying before.
I tried a new method for artisans soaps today. Also I had only been placing a tiny tiny amount in the bowl and staring with a very wet brush before. This time I loaded from directly from the full size container onto a nearly dry brush.

Big difference. I am staring to see the difference in the product now.

Attachments

• 20211119_110136.jpg
    20211119_110136.jpg
    874.4 KB · Views: 11
With synthetic, you can fully soak it then give it a shake or 3. With animal hair you want to gently squeeze it. The key is to find a repeatable way to start with the same amount of dampness. With the syth, you could actually shake it too much, it will fully dry! This is big advantage with badger.

With synthetic, you can fully soak it then give it a shake or 3. With animal hair you want to gently squeeze it. The key is to find a repeatable way to start with the same amount of dampness. With the syth, you could actually shake it too much, it will fully dry! This is big advantage with badger.
I didn't shake it totally dry, but not nearly as wet as I was doing before. I would say the brush was just slightly damp.
Also, loading from the tin was a big help. I this technique think it made the texture even silkier and there was more lather too.

So so fun!.

Paa sells sample scents and I know I like the future fiction and the diver down. I'm thinking of getting every single scent to figure out which I like best. That might be over the top but those first two are really good
Just a Pro Tip, grab a cube and something else like star jelly or mysterium serum or an alum block while you are at it. Or the travel size soap, body soap, etc. I know when I ordered 20 samples, it didn't take much added to get free shipping!

Just a Pro Tip, grab a cube and something else like star jelly or mysterium serum or an alum block while you are at it. Or the travel size soap, body soap, etc. I know when I ordered 20 samples, it didn't take much added to get free shipping!
Those products seem interesting, but I doubt I could lather my legs like that. I am seriously considering getting a scented version of a sample as I have gotten better at using the product. It's separating itself in performance more and more as time goes by.
Not totally drying out my skin being the number one thing I notice.
So I certainly noticed PAA was less dying before.
I tried a new method for artisans soaps today. Also I had only been placing a tiny tiny amount in the bowl and staring with a very wet brush before. This time I loaded from directly from the full size container onto a nearly dry brush.

Big difference. I am staring to see the difference in the product now.
So I keep practicing.

So firstly I am so glad I got the scentless first.
So I have many samples amd or rollers of my favorite perfume and I decided to add some to the lather.
It worked great. Subtle notes I missed before suddenly appeared. I love my favorite perfume even more.

Best shave and bath ever.... and or so far. I smell so good.

I didn't use very much but it went a very long way.

Attachments

• 20211120_202835.jpg
    20211120_202835.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 13
I am seriously considering getting a scented version of a sample
I know this a PAA thread, but I am going to recommend Declaration Grooming "Sunrise on Lasalle." Go read the scent description, I think it is unisex enough. DG scents are very light, I have the EdT. After the rain is another recommendation. Actually, you can try a dozen samples from Maggards if you want.

If you are going to try a PAA scent, maybe al fin? It's the most feminine thing they have.
Yep, I looked up the parfum on Fragrantica. I couldn't help myself.

Last edited:
Not to derail either but Stirling makes several scents directed towards their many female clients and they have very generous 1oz samples to try a soap out... The samples most people get on average of about 30 lathering per sample and only cost around $3 each!!

The missus and I are both Stirling fans. I think she has 5 Stirling soaps of her own.

Well first shave with the Meta-4 and I am extremely impressed to say the least. Hands down the must comfortable razor ever used, better than both the Razorock Mamba and Game Changer 68. No blade feel at all and insanely smooth only hearing the audible feedback. Will have a proper review after more shaves. For a more detailed first shave report in SoS.
262968561_1267864403731804_2533329782033439233_n.jpg

So I got this as a sample and wanted to check it out on the site to see what the scents are. I love it. Certainly tobacco smell.
I think they gave me a scent they don't sell. How odd. I love it though.

Attachments

• 20211207_154257.jpg
    20211207_154257.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom