What's new

The Zero Tolerance 0561 Rick Henderer Model. I just had to do it.

Textured brown G-10 scales and machined titanium liners. Had to. It's slightly more high tech than my normal ideals in a knife, but this blade is apparently pretty incredible if you want a heavier duty folder.

I'm excited as hell, can't wait to see her show up on my doorstep within the next few days :tongue_sm

Any owners of this blade? How has yours held up?

Great knife! I've had mine for over a year and it's held up well. No regrets but I just got its little brother, the 0566 and it has replaced the 0561 for the last month.

Well gentlemen, I have owned this beauty since Wednesday. It feels unbreakable in your hand; like a tank that fits in your pocket.

Speaking of pockets, though, therein lies my only gripe thus far: the pocket clip. Instead of being flush with the scales, the set screws holding the pocket clip are raised and can be a tiny bit cumbersome trying to secure it in your pocket. The clip itself has also loosened up a fair amount after having only used for a few days, making it fit not nearly as well as before. My Endura also has this issue, but it's still one of my favorite knives! I'm sure I can come up with something to remedy this minor imperfection.

Also, mine didn't come very sharp at all from the factory. It is very well ground, though (it better be), so just did a little work on an ultrafine hone and it became tree-topping sharp. For comparison, I ordered a Spyderco Resilience along with this knife; a $60 knife and a $260 knife. The Resilience came absolutely razor sharp. Then again, most Spydercos do.

That said, though, that should be little deterrence to any more would-be buyers. It's a flipper, which I'm getting used to. I will hopefully report later with more thoughts on the ELMAX steel.

All in all, if I lost the knife at this very moment, would I shell out to buy another one? Yes, I think so.

Oh absolutely. I was just pointing out trivial non-sense that doesn't really make much difference after a minimal amount of effort. I've gotten used to the pocket clip, also.

But yea, guys that review a hell of a lot more knives than I do will tell you this thing is an easy 9 outta 10. It really is a great knife, and man, that ELMAX gets SHARP!

Top Bottom