What's new

The Yellow-Feather/Black-Feather Controversy SOLVED.

$Feather-Naked.jpg
All Feather DE Razor Blades, whether packaged with Yellow or Black labels, ARE THE SAME.*
$Feather10s.jpg $Feather5s.jpg $Feather5s-Yellow.jpg

* Due to a little controversy on the "What are these blades?" thread, and I’m sure lots of other places, I emailed Feather:

Email Query to Feather (Thu 28/07/2016 14:50):
Dear Feather Company,

Are your Hi-Stainless and New Hi-Stainless razor blades the same?

I thought they were the same, and that the only difference was that 10 packs had yellow labels and 5 packs had black labels. But now I see that there are 5 packs in yellow. Both yellow 5 packs and 10 packs say NEW Hi-STAINLESS, and the black 5 packs say Hi-Stainless.

There is a lot of controversy about this subject on internet shaving forums.

If they are all the same blade, that makes life easy. But if they are different, would you tell me what the difference is please?

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Cal xxxx
West Bromwich
United Kingdom

Reply from Feather (Fri 29/07/2016 03:08):
Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

As you mentioned, the difference between Hi-Stainless and New Hi-Stainless is just package design, 10 blades with yellow label and 5 blades with black label.

And, actually we have also 5 blades with yellow label (with same blades) but this is a special version and we are selling this version for only Thailand and Australian market with very long historic background.

We are sorry for making many users confused.

Thank you and best regards,

FEATHER SAFETY RAZOR CO., LTD.
K. Sakaide, Overseas Trade Division

SUMMARY:
(Considering the UK/Japan time difference) I was, and still am, impressed by Feather’s prompt and courteous reply.
Great products from great people IMO. :thumbup1:

Thank you for doing your research and putting a nail in this, it gets asked more often than it should.

I am preferable to the blue pack because I think they look neat though!

Albeit well known this should be a sticky thread for everyone to see. Gets asked way too often still. Thanks for going through the trouble of contacting Feather!

My very first purchase when starting DE shaving 7 months ago was a 50 pack of Feathers and unknown to me when I purchased them from Amazon that the supplier was located in India and they took over 5 weeks. They were the Yellow 5 packs.

Great information. I had heard they were the same and didn't notice any difference in using the different colored packages. But being that I like the color blue, now I want some blue packaged Feather blades! Lol

I bought 4 tucks of the 5/pk and only used 2 blades out of one tuck and they have just sat there unused. I haven't gotten a good shave with a Feather DE yet. They just don't agree with my face at all...

I bought 4 tucks of the 5/pk and only used 2 blades out of one tuck and they have just sat there unused. I haven't gotten a good shave with a Feather DE yet. They just don't agree with my face at all...
My finding as well. My favorite packaging for the feather is the recycling bin in the garage.

Top Bottom