What's new

The Yaqi BEAST head and 70mm Nickel Handle

Very eager to see how this goes! I just ordered a Yaqi beast last week and hope to get it soon. It was my first purchase from Ali so saved $3 as well so shipped to my door it was $5 I believe. Can't beat that and absolutely worth a try for that cost.

While I enjoyed this setup it has way too much flex going ATG on my head. I could also feel it struggle ATG on the stubborn whiskers on the corner of my mouth. I expect the large cap span is the primary contributor to this flex. Elsewhere it was quite efficient and fun to use. Not a daily driver for me though.
proxy.php

How does fitting the open comb (Mellon) top cap increase the razor's aggressiveness ?

Yes, I can understand increased aggressiveness/efficiency when Riding the Top Cap.

Used mine for the first time last night, holy crap, first cut I've had in a long time but damn is it a close shave. Very R41 like but feels ever more likely to bite, also provided to be clog pruf given the double open comb so that was very nice :)

Used mine for the first time last night, holy crap, first cut I've had in a long time but damn is it a close shave. Very R41 like but feels ever more likely to bite, also provided to be clog pruf given the double open comb so that was very nice :)
Personally I prefer it to the R41. Find I need a shallow angle with the R41 which, to me, feels awkward. The Beast does well at a neutral angle.

Top Bottom