What's new

The WORST Cologne You've Owned / Smelled?

Halston z14 and Cremo bourbon-vanilla. Just like the veg, -went straight to the trash. The
Cremo reserve disteller’s blend smells great.

DS & Durga Burning Barbershop is gross. AND $100+/50ml. I own it and hate it. 🤮

Clubman The Veg also makes me want to hurl. It is cheap at least.

When I was kid in late 50’s there was something sold a Bobs Magic Shop in North Hollyweird, CA.

It was Apple Blossim Perfume, it stunk. We would dump five or six drops in hall at School early am.

No one want to be in hall from smell, janiotor nightmear.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I might be one of the biggest fan boys of Dunhill, Floris, and Acqua di Parma on this site, but each of them have produced at least one fragrance that I can't stomach.

Dunhill Edition. This one was really popular for over 20 years but I think it smells like pickled okra.
Floris Jermyn St. A posh EdP with a strong juniper/gin note. I drank well in excess of a pint of gin, straight, out of a cracked tea cup one hot Sunday afternoon when I was 16. Need I say more?
Acqua di Parma Chinotto di Liguria. Chinotto is a citrus fruit that Italians enjoy as a carbonated soda pop. I don't like it. I guess I don't really like any frags based on food or drink. No gourmand for me. Although the idea of a goat vindaloo perfume is intriguing...

Yatagan by Caron is simply awful. I love several other Caron fragrances, but this one takes the cake. I read somewhere that's supposed to capture the smell of a warrior returning home from battle on horseback smelling of sweat, leather, dirt, **** or whatever. Simply awful. Try it!

I will quote myself from a different thread.

“DR Harris Marlborough. To me, it smelled like the old butts from the ashtray of that old Buick that has been sitting in the bush for 35 years.”
Are you thinking of Barrister & Mann's Leviathan? 🤣

I'm only semi joking. Leviathan, to me, smells like the scratched up Oldsmobile my nanny used to drive in the late eighties: a decade of cigarettes and spilled coffee atop a base of one of those pine tree-shaped air "fresheners." Ughhh.

Pinaud bay rum. I love bay rum but this thing seems like someone boiled 1kg of pure clove in water and put it in a bottle with alcohol.

Clove clove and more clove. It doesn’t even smell like a fragrance, it’s like liquid food to me.

I can’t imagine coming out of the bathroom smelling like that.

The first instant that I smelled

CLUBMAN LIME SEC COLOGNE​

I realized that I had no idea of whether or not
Windex Glass Cleaner
also came in a Lime scented variety.

Pinaud bay rum. I love bay rum but this thing seems like someone boiled 1kg of pure clove in water and put it in a bottle with alcohol.

Clove clove and more clove. It doesn’t even smell like a fragrance, it’s like liquid food to me.

I can’t imagine coming out of the bathroom smelling like that.
I wore this stuff on a hot day and I swear I smelled like a baked ham!

For me, most vetiver scents don't react with my body correctly. I end up smelling like vegetable soup. One that I should like, but just haven't is Creed Silver Mountain Water. I was gifted a big bottle of the stuff and there's a metallic and fungal smell that I just can' deal with.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Jade East, say no more.
I remember Jade East as a Hai Karate knockoff. Or was it the other way around? I had both of them 50 years ago when my sisters would find the cheapest aftershave/cologne gift sets for me each Christmas "because he likes that stuff." I hated both of them. I didn't hate my sisters, I hated Hai Karate and Jade East. I need to learn how to write.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I remember Jade East as a Hai Karate knockoff. Or was it the other way around? I had both of them 50 years ago when my sisters would find the cheapest aftershave/cologne gift sets for me each Christmas "because he likes that stuff." I hated both of them. I didn't hate my sisters, I hated Hai Karate and Jade East. I need to learn how to write.
It was super potent. Two drops on the skin would fill the whole classroom. No kidding! Guys who hit the booze on the weekends and wore Jade East would have it waft out of their lungs. They applied it like they would Aqua Velva, a big mistake, overpowering.

Top Bottom