What's new

The WORST Cologne You've Owned / Smelled?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As for Grey Flannel, while its opening is a bit suffocating with all that moss, the drydown of violets and sandalwood is delicious and worth the price of admission IMO. I rarely wear it because I seem to like it better than anyone else (i.e., my beloved).
You and I have the same problem with Grey Flannel my friend. Sad.

I have no idea what it's called anymore, but there's a fragrance that seemed more popular in the late 90s and early 2000s that reminded me of the smell of Budweiser beer. I'm not entirely sure if was ment for men or women, but I absolutely hated the smell.

Old Spice. It smells fruity to me.

Are you talking about the original Old Spice made by Shulton or the newer versions by P&G?

Many people prefer generic version of Old Spice to the ones by P&G. There is even a version made in India that is supposed to be quite close to the original scent I wore as a young man, but I have not tried it.

Old Spice does have some lemon and orange in the top notes, perhaps that is what you think is fruity,

Are you talking about the original Old Spice made by Shulton or the newer versions by P&G?

Many people prefer generic version of Old Spice to the ones by P&G. There is even a version made in India that is supposed to be quite close to the original scent I wore as a young man, but I have not tried it.

Old Spice does have some lemon and orange in the top notes, perhaps that is what you think is fruity,
It’s been 50 years since I smelled Old Spice, so it’s likely the old Shulton formula. If it’s changed since then I Ned to give it another whiff.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather. Smells to me like it has a base fecal note in it and it’s powerful and cloying. I don’t care for any of the Tom Ford line live smelled Vetiver included.
My spouse has a special perfume she wears on occasion that is a rose base but I detect a strong fecal scent. Very offputting.

The scent is what I would describe as "rotting flower" because there are certain types of flowers, particularly those ubiquitous daisy-like flowers commonly sold at grocery stores & farmer's markets; when they're in a vase for too long and they are about to start wilting, I can smell it from the next room before anyone else in the family can even smell it up close.

I get this too, but from English made Rose scents (Trumper, Truefitt & Hill, Wickham). It’s really very off putting

Just wasted a $30 trade for some Renkan Oud (a local guy makes it). Smells like... pooh. As in, the dog ate White Castle and then made a brown liquid deposit on the carpet.

Sorry for the visual, but it's THAT bad.

Top Bottom