What's new

The WORST Cologne You've Owned / Smelled?

Haha, I wear lots of Tommy during warm weather. It wears really fresh on me.

Lilac Vegetal...it seems others like the scent on me, but I cannot bear it on myself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That Tommy smells rotten is probably a bit harsh but to me it does have a 'there's gotten be something wrong with this' kind of smell . My bottle sat untouched in a cupboard in the study for about 6 1/2 yrs before it was palmed it off to one of my nephews. Don't know what he has done with it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
@magoo75, Hello fellow "The Veg" fan! Ooh, I truly LOVE most (so called by most) "Stinky/Rank/Weird/Offense etc. Fragrances. I can almost bet on it that, if most people HATE a given Fragrance (on the Animalic, Oud, Rotten, etc.) side, I'm going to LOVE it! Pretty strange eh ? Oooh, now I going to HAVE to investigate "Eucris by Trumper". My favorite Colognes are (mostly) "Heavy Hitters" in the "FUNK" department. Many more new offerings that I'd LOVE to own but are just TOO expensive for TOO little a bottle. Arrrrrr, I find that MADDING! Current favorites in the (what I call) "UNIQUE" department are "MONTALE Cuir d'Arabie", MARLOU 50ml d'ambiguite, Caron Yatagan, SMN "Acqua di Cuba", SMN "Nostalgia", Lalique lalique encre noire (and the flankers, Sport, L'extreme) Bogart Furyo (discontinued). I'm considering the future purchase of (maybe) ELd'O Rien Intense or Marquis de Sade. Perhaps KNIZE TEN or another Marlou. I only wish I could afford Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan however, I'd be over joyed if I could find a bottle of (vintage) YSL KOUROS or (vintage) Guerlain JICKY. Oooh yes, btw, I did once own Six Cats. I now have four Kitties!
Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is one of my favorite scents!! And their Dark Aoud is close second

That Tommy smells rotten is probably a bit harsh but to me it does have a 'there's gotten be something wrong with this' kind of smell . My bottle sat untouched in a cupboard in the study for about 6 1/2 yrs before it was palmed it off to one of my nephews. Don't know what he has done with it.
Mine is a newer reformulation. Might have something to do with it too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Pecksniff's (as if their name isn't bad enough) do a scent called Charismatic which comprises tarragon, lime and musk.

It smells great on a tester strip but like fly spray on me :(

The Veg , which you seem to recall as Vegetal , is not for just any run of the mill shaver. This after shave/ cologne is truly loved by those chosen by the Veg . Many are called but few are chosen.

My first experience with the Veg on this forum, many years ago, and my assessment of my chosen-ness:

I think I may be halfway between, in limbo; a bridge to both worlds. I seldom use it, since it's difficult to remove from it's radioactive containment vessel, but when I do I don't die, and small children do not run screaming. On the other hand, heavenly choirs do not welcome me, and I only see across the river to the Promised Land of fragrance bliss, but cannot cross. A lilting breeze of lilac wafts over, punctuated by the oh-so faint hint of lions urinating in Eden....

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Black Magic Bay Rum. It was not only not Bay Rum...it had the scent of cheap hair pomade.

I've been had!

LOL, back to back, two (so called) AWFUL Fragrances.....TABAC & GRAY FLANNEL both of which are on my "to buy-cheapie" list. I swear, I'm betting I'll love them both!

SixCats!

Truefitt & Hill Grafton. I bought it because it was described in an article as a "barbershop" scent, and I found it at a good sale price. It's extremely fruity/green and takes hours (all day?) to dry down to something powdery that I recognize as barber-ish. I'm trying to like it and use it occasionally to see if I'll change my mind, but it's a regrettable purchase.

Top Bottom