What's new

The WORST Cologne You've Owned / Smelled?

Kids say the darndest things!

No doubt M Lui is a difficult scent. I like it a lot, too. Not sure I could wear it as a signature scent.
My sense or smell is nill after moving to Georgia, the polin count is very high. My walnut tree are dropping whatever those things are called all over my back deck. I have three cats and if I had a dog I would have no sense at all.
i am just amused at the thought of wearing two thousand dollar suits and still smelling like a bums ****.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Remembering that the scent is a combination of the cologne and how it reacts to our personal metabolism: Eucris by Trumper almost made me sick to my stomach, and after trying to wash it off (waited too long?) with three different soaps, considered using a belt sander on my wrist.

It smelled like someone rolled around in rotten fruit and then expired. It smelled like death.

But it smells quite good to some people, so thank God it was a sample.

How about it? What's the worst cologne you've smelled or owned? No home brews :)

I'd have to say this lilac stuff I got while deployed. I got it from a British soldier I was acquainted with; I think it was called Vegetal (spelling?)
The Veg , which you seem to recall as Vegetal , is not for just any run of the mill shaver. This after shave/ cologne is truly loved by those chosen by the Veg . Many are called but few are chosen.

@magoo75, Hello fellow "The Veg" fan! Ooh, I truly LOVE most (so called by most) "Stinky/Rank/Weird/Offense etc. Fragrances. I can almost bet on it that, if most people HATE a given Fragrance (on the Animalic, Oud, Rotten, etc.) side, I'm going to LOVE it! Pretty strange eh ? Oooh, now I going to HAVE to investigate "Eucris by Trumper". My favorite Colognes are (mostly) "Heavy Hitters" in the "FUNK" department. Many more new offerings that I'd LOVE to own but are just TOO expensive for TOO little a bottle. Arrrrrr, I find that MADDING! Current favorites in the (what I call) "UNIQUE" department are "MONTALE Cuir d'Arabie", MARLOU 50ml d'ambiguite, Caron Yatagan, SMN "Acqua di Cuba", SMN "Nostalgia", Lalique lalique encre noire (and the flankers, Sport, L'extreme) Bogart Furyo (discontinued). I'm considering the future purchase of (maybe) ELd'O Rien Intense or Marquis de Sade. Perhaps KNIZE TEN or another Marlou. I only wish I could afford Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan however, I'd be over joyed if I could find a bottle of (vintage) YSL KOUROS or (vintage) Guerlain JICKY. Oooh yes, btw, I did once own Six Cats. I now have four Kitties!

Last edited:
1586306145162.png

ZOE BEAR (Chocolate Cornish Rex)

@magoo75, Hello fellow "The Veg" fan! Ooh, I truly LOVE most (so called by most) "Stinky/Rank/Weird/Offense etc. Fragrances. I can almost bet on it that, if most people HATE a given Fragrance (on the Animalic, Oud, Rotten, etc.) side, I'm going to LOVE it! Pretty strange eh ? Oooh, now I going to HAVE to investigate "Eucris by Trumper". My favorite Colognes are (mostly) "Heavy Hitters" in the "FUNK" department. Many more new offerings that I'd LOVE to own but are just TOO expensive for TOO little a bottle. Arrrrrr, I find that MADDING! Current favorites in the (what I call) "UNIQUE" department are "MONTALE Cuir d'Arabie", MARLOU 50ml d'ambiguite, Caron Yatagan, SMN "Acqua di Cuba", SMN "Nostalgia", Lalique lalique encre noire (and the flankers, Sport, L'extreme) Bogart Furyo (discontinued). I'm considering the future purchase of (maybe) ELd'O Rien Intense or Marquis de Sade. Perhaps KNIZE TEN or another Marlou. I only wish I could afford Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan however, I'd be over joyed if I could find a bottle of (vintage) YSL KOUROS or (vintage) Guerlain JICKY. Oooh yes, btw, I did once own Six Cats. I now have four Kitties!
Also a cat person , may have something to do with liking the Veg LOL .

Not to sure on your theory about odd smells and food taste , but interesting. I like most of the foods you mentioned, but my likes on fragrances and scents seems normal. The exception may be the Veg , which at first I was not amongst the chosen. After using it a while I suddenly began to like the scent.

I might have posted this before, but I've tried and tried and can't get behind Brut. I've got the splash, cologne, vintage aftershave and none of it smells good to me, on me or for me.

I get ya. For me, just a whiff of Brut brings back memories of High School in the early 70s when too many of my friends just drenched themselves with it. Still to this day, Brut makes me a little queasy.

I think you had to be around when Grey Flannel was first released to enjoy it. What I tell all those who don't like it is to sprinkle a few drops or one spray on to a hankie or tissue, stick it into your sport jacket pocket and then smell it about 4 hours later and see if you feel the same way about it. It's all about the dry down and not the opening with Grey Flannel.

This is the one I could never get used to.

View attachment 1073817
I still have half a bottle of Chaps Ralph Lauren around here somewhere. I have had it for quite a long time. I don't wear it often as it is heavy for the climate I live in, but I do like to wear it when I'm out casually by myself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The worst scent would be Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. To me it smells like it's gone rotten. A close second would be RazoRock's Tuscan Oud. I find it extremely sweet and very cloying to the point where I get a headache.
Haha, I wear lots of Tommy during warm weather. It wears really fresh on me.

Lilac Vegetal...it seems others like the scent on me, but I cannot bear it on myself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I swear, this thread is like GOLD for me! I'll start over from the beginning and make note of every fragrances most hated as chances are REALLY good that, I'm going to LOVE it!
SixCats!

Top Bottom