What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

The WORST Cologne You've Owned / Smelled?

How about it? What's the worst cologne you've smelled or owned? No home brews :)

I'd have to say this lilac stuff I got while deployed. I got it from a British soldier I was acquainted with; I think it was called Vegetal (spelling?)

The Knize

Moderator Emeritus
Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan is certainly not to my taste. I kind of get it, but I truly do not like it.

Seems to me there was a Sigilli frag that was very vegetal that I really disliked. I cannot find it on-line right now, though.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather. Smells to me like it has a base fecal note in it and it’s powerful and cloying. I don’t care for any of the Tom Ford line live smelled Vetiver included.

Tom Ford Tuscan leather. Smells to me like it has a base fecal note in it and it’s powerful and cloying. I don’t care for any of the Tom Ford line live smelled Vetiver included.
I've not smelled that yet, but I have Cremo's interpretation of it. Leather & Oud. It smells like an ashtray.

I have never smelled Tuscan leather. However, I have Oleo Soapworks New City which is modeled after Tuscan Leather. I quite like it.

My worst cologne was Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel. It is described as an oriental woody fragrance for men, but I mainly pick up on the iris and geranium scents, even though most people do not detect them as the a primary notes. It is generally considered to be a scent for old men. Although I fit into that demographic, it is not for me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ambassador
I'll throw in: any poor clone of anything. Bad Drakkar Noir copies from the dollar store, for example.

Any affordable Oud is synthetic, but there are good ones and bad ...

AA

Bhugo

Contributor
I have not liked any clones I have smelled. This may be partly subconscious, but they always smell terrible when I sample them.

Top Bottom