What's new

The worst cologne you ever tried:

Occasionally I would use Avon's Black Suede which had been given to me by a former girlfriend, it was some nice stuff. So when Avon brought out Black Leather I gave it a try. Always loved leather scents. But it smelled just like Raid bug spray, I mean identical. So bad it made me nauseous and gave me a headache. Others must have felt the same because Avon discontinued it not long after.

Three-way tie:

Prada Luna Rossa
Gucci Guilty Black
Lacoste Essential

Threw these samples out, and I never do that!

Good to know I'm not the only one to dislike grey flannel, tried it about 30 years ago, a gift from my mother. I thought it smelled like dead goats.

Almost all of the scents mentioned as "worst cologne" have been mentioned as favorites elsewhere. Many have had their own threads with a lot of people liking them!

Just goes to show that one man's poopy bug spray is another man's signature scent.

Oh yeah, I don't like Curve, but before I stared wearing fragrances daily.....I had accrued several bottles of it. Ha!

A short-list of 3:

3. Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
2. Brummel
1. Pinaud Clubman Musk

I've always wanted to smell Brummel. It seems difficult to acquire in the CONUS.

Good to know I'm not the only one to dislike grey flannel, tried it about 30 years ago, a gift from my mother. I thought it smelled like dead goats.

I love Grey Flannel, but I can easily understand why someone wouldn't like it.

I personally having trouble thinking of anything I've ever recoiled from. I've not tried The Veg yet. I'd have to say Green Irish Tweed. I just didn't care for it.

Anything labelled with the name, "Fougere" or "Fern" even if it's "English". I don't see the attraction: To me it smells like the moss I line my hanging baskets with. But top of my dislikes is anything Avon but if I had to pick on just one it would be "Avon Black Suede".

+1 ... I can't stand fougere scents. I'm careful to avoid any products with that vile name in the title.
I nearly gagged when I shaved with Sir Irisch Moos. The performance was all there, same as its kissing cousin Tabac, but what good does a great shave do me if I can't breathe?

As to Avon scents. the big attraction there was the fancy bottles, not the product itself.

+1 ... I can't stand fougere scents. I'm careful to avoid any products with that vile name in the title.
I nearly gagged when I shaved with Sir Irisch Moos. The performance was all there, same as its kissing cousin Tabac, but what good does a great shave do me if I can't breathe?

As to Avon scents. the big attraction there was the fancy bottles, not the product itself.

I'd be happy to give some of your unwanted ferns a good home. :)

Old spice. That stuff smells like rancid cat pee
Of course this only shows how subjective this is because Old SPice seems to have a strong following here

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

As always, YMMV. I love many of the old Avon scents, Blend 7 and Tai Wind are favorites. But those funky bottles sure make it hard to put them just anywhere...

I don't know about the "worst cologne I have ever smelled," but I recently smelled some Penhaligon's Juniper Sling, and it wasn't that great. In a nutshell, it smelled like this:
proxy.php
+
proxy.php

=
proxy.php

Top Bottom