What's new

The World Shave Off Showdown

I have no idea what has happened but this thread doesn’t work without all of the actual shave offs. I feel very frustrated about this. What is going on?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This thread is still being reviewed for opening content from dragonsbeard who is no long a member here. This process has started but due to the holidays is not complete yet, your patience is requested.

This thread is still being reviewed for opening content from dragonsbeard who is no long a member here. This process has started but due to the holidays is not complete yet, your patience is requested.

It takes a loooong time to review a lengthy, information saturated thread like this.
I, and many others, have been through every post surgically at some point.
I do not remember anything in it that is even mildly inappropriate, even from the perspective
of evaluating a banned individual's content.

I hope the mods will arrive at the same conclusion....but I can appreciate that they need to verify
things for themselves.

If you are going to enforce rules by banning members and erasing long standing threads, it would only be fair to inform the community and the member what the ‘offense’ is. It is only fair to an active and very helpful community member and to the rest of us. I have communicated with Dragonsbeard. He says he has no idea what he did and why this drastic action was taken.

If you are going to enforce rules by banning members and erasing long standing threads, it would only be fair to inform the community and the member what the ‘offense’ is. It is only fair to an active and very helpful community member and to the rest of us. I have communicated with Dragonsbeard. He says he has no idea what he did and why this drastic action was taken.

This forum is a privately owned entity and the owners have a right to host or unhost anyone they wish without assigning reasons and explaining themselves.

I have no desire to learn why this dude got banned..what I do know is that he is a vendor
operating under a normal membership. He uses the same username on other forums to promote
his range of shaving soaps and splashes. So even if he doesn't do it here, there would be some sort of a rub-off
effect. It is possible that this forum's administrators see a conflict in this, and they way they interpret their rules is solely at their discretion.

The information from the shave offs conducted by him is very valuable and it would be a shame to lose it.

What people should focus on now is to start doing some shave offs to keep the thread going, not
despair about the unfairness of it all.

This forum is a privately owned entity and the owners have a right to host or unhost anyone they wish without assigning reasons and explaining themselves.

I have no desire to learn why this dude got banned..what I do know is that he is a vendor
operating under a normal membership. He uses the same username on other forums to promote
his range of shaving soaps and splashes. So even if he doesn't do it here, there would be some sort of a rub-off
effect. It is possible that this forum's administrators see a conflict in this, and they way they interpret their rules is solely at their discretion.

The information from the shave offs conducted by him is very valuable and it would be a shame to lose it.

What people should focus on now is to start doing some shave offs to keep the thread going, not
despair about the unfairness of it all.
I did not intend to sound combative. I agree as a private entity the owners can do as they wish. However they say they have rules which they require members adhere to regarding behavior on the forum. They have the righ to violate their own rules and act arbitrarily. But if they are desire members to remain active I strongly feel they should be open and above board in any sanctions they impose on members. While they do not have to be consistent in how they apply rules, or even state what rules they have, if they want to continue to enjoy trust, and maintain an active robust membership roster I strongly reccommend they are open and give full disclosure. On the surface this thread and membership erasure appears sudden and drastic towards a member and, what most agree where, the member’s informative posts and threads. Right now no one but the forum runners seem to have anything but guesses what happened hear.

Did Dragonsbeard has some kind of bias because of his business. which I think your comment he is a vendor implies. Maybe, I think the rest of us who took his posts at face value as honest evaluations from a fellow enthusiast should be made aware of this. How we can evaluate or re=evaluate what he has posted in light of a possible bias without that information?

Moderator Note

As those of you who have been here for any length of time are aware, it is not the policy of the site or the Moderator team to discuss issues involving a member with the Forum at large. This speculation game, as entertaining as you may find it, is simply wasting the time of the Moderators. We are all volunteers, have plenty to do away from the site, and would like to get back to running B&B as it should be run.
We will not respond to posts in this thread in such a manner again but those who wish to be disrespectful may find their access severely restricted.

I am always reachable via PM should you have a problem with the site or our policies.

Top Bottom