What's new

The works are still ongoing...

Greetings all.

Just to let you all know that you are all still in my mind. The works are still ongoing. It may be a good few months before I can use my Sledgehammer again. I am sorely missing using it very much but it is still boxed up along with my other shaving equipment. My bathroom is still undergoing extensive refurbishment at the moment so I am still forced to use my electric razor (boo hiss...) in the meantime.

I really do appreciate how much most of you are probably missing my shaving reviews. But rest assured you lot are never far from my thoughts. Please don't think I have turned my back on you lot. I haven't.

Just to lighten the mood my new bathroom cabinet which is in the garage waiting to be installed has heated and illuminated mirrors so I can enjoy using my Sledgehammer with crystal clear vision right after a shower. Also my new bathroom will have underfloor heating installed which will be really nice in the winter!

Also just to show you lot how much my wife appreciates how much I love my Sledgehammer, she has even agreed that the shelves in the new bathroom cabinet will be my new shaving den! Pics will be posted in due course (which will take some time; you just have to be patient).

I hate my electric razor. It is horrid compared to wet shaving but it just about does the job so I look presentable for work.

Absolute warm and kind regards to everyone.

Jason.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I did remodeling for about 1/3 of my working years. Customers were always glad to see us show up... and glad to see us leave.

Everyone will be happy when the job is complete... in the meantime, I wish you well...

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Greetings all.

Just to let you all know that you are all still in my mind. The works are still ongoing. It may be a good few months before I can use my Sledgehammer again. I am sorely missing using it very much but it is still boxed up along with my other shaving equipment. My bathroom is still undergoing extensive refurbishment at the moment so I am still forced to use my electric razor (boo hiss...) in the meantime.

I really do appreciate how much most of you are probably missing my shaving reviews. But rest assured you lot are never far from my thoughts. Please don't think I have turned my back on you lot. I haven't.

Just to lighten the mood my new bathroom cabinet which is in the garage waiting to be installed has heated and illuminated mirrors so I can enjoy using my Sledgehammer with crystal clear vision right after a shower. Also my new bathroom will have underfloor heating installed which will be really nice in the winter!

Also just to show you lot how much my wife appreciates how much I love my Sledgehammer, she has even agreed that the shelves in the new bathroom cabinet will be my new shaving den! Pics will be posted in due course (which will take some time; you just have to be patient).

I hate my electric razor. It is horrid compared to wet shaving but it just about does the job so I look presentable for work.

Jason.

Thats what electric shavers were made for, a quick little here, a quick little there, buzz buzz, bobs your uncle, and off to the races. I just hope your using a non foaming shave gel, otherwise the razor burn is going to be extreme using electrics. I recommend Tomb45 shave gel incase your wondering. Until you can get back into wet shaving, you got to take every advantage where you can get it.

You are very kind Jason, a very nice post. I feel the same way that you do about B&B. Hope to see more posts from you in the future. Once the bathroom gets renovated, and the shave den has been activated, then you can bring reviews to our screens once again. For now, try to enjoy your break, see it as like a vacation.

@JasonJT I was looking around my bathroom after my shave last night thinking that it needs to be redone. My wife and daughter use the nice bathroom upstairs while I get the circa 1995 basement bathroom.

Then I read your post this morning and reconsidered. Why do I care if it's baby blue, has crummy homemade shelves from the previous owner and a water stain on the ceiling? It might not be fancy, but it lets me get the job done in peace.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Hey, Jason, good to hear from you!

I've been shaving in the "big" bathroom while the reno is ongoing in the "little" ensuite. I started doing that last July. I did the electric thing a couple of times, but that's no fun.

Apparently it takes at least a year to completely reno a space that is literally one metre wide and two metres long. Walls are up, paint is on, electrical is done, light fixture works, humidistat is in, fan works. But the vanity has been sitting in place for four months waiting for the carpenters to make a countertop. Then sink and faucet, plumbing, backsplash, mirror, etc. The moulding around the door and the baseboards is waiting on the counter, which comes almost to the edge of the door. That will determine the door moulding size, which will then determine the baseboard length on that side.

Finally we got the toilet installed so I no longer have to take a number and wait. Or go up the hill and visit the trees; I've got about a million hectares of Crown Land past the west fence.

Time to get them moving! :a53:

O.H.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hey, Jason, good to hear from you!

I've been shaving in the "big" bathroom while the reno is ongoing in the "little" ensuite. I started doing that last July. I did the electric thing a couple of times, but that's no fun.

Apparently it takes at least a year to completely reno a space that is literally one metre wide and two metres long. Walls are up, paint is on, electrical is done, light fixture works, humidistat is in, fan works. But the vanity has been sitting in place for four months waiting for the carpenters to make a countertop. Then sink and faucet, plumbing, backsplash, mirror, etc. The moulding around the door and the baseboards is waiting on the counter, which comes almost to the edge of the door. That will determine the door moulding size, which will then determine the baseboard length on that side.

Finally we got the toilet installed so I no longer have to take a number and wait. Or go up the hill and visit the trees; I've got about a million hectares of Crown Land past the west fence.

Time to get them moving! :a53:

O.H.

WOW, a lot of things are dependent on that counter getting installed, had no idea! That contractor better get there soon, cause he or she is holding everybody else up, come on man, contractor be slacking, show us a little professionalism! HAHA!

Now in regards to the thrown, just remember the number 1 rule, always have lots of crappin wrappin. Nobody wants to know who number 2 works for, if there is no crappin wrappin to get rid of em. About the only thing worse then having no crappin wrappin after the deed is done, is when the thunderbox overflows, and there is no plunger of destiny at the ready!

@JasonJT I was looking around my bathroom after my shave last night thinking that it needs to be redone. My wife and daughter use the nice bathroom upstairs while I get the circa 1995 basement bathroom.

Then I read your post this morning and reconsidered. Why do I care if it's baby blue, has crummy homemade shelves from the previous owner and a water stain on the ceiling? It might not be fancy, but it lets me get the job done in peace.

Good man! Peace and quiet is something to be treasured!

Greetings all.

Jason.
Why don't you just shave in the garden? Get a tub of hot water and a camp mirror?

You still have use of a sink, don't you? So shave!

We are going camping for a week tomorrow, and I shall be shaving outdoors using my Gillette English 64' Tech and some basic stuff, viz:
IMG_20220407_174839335.jpg
Mrs. Ladd holds up my camp mirror while I shave. She likes watching the process. Truer love haveth' no man.. And it will be chilly in Sussex next week.

The men of the 40's didn't have bathrooms but they shaved fine from many memoirs, in their slit trenches and foxholes. From many accounts they didn't even have hot water.

Shaving is not a boutique experience, or at least it shouldn't be. It's an everyman experience which has been done by men in the trenches in WW1, guys in tenements, workers on sites, wherever, whenever.

Just shave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom