What's new

The Wonderful World of DE Shaving

Hi All,

Signing in from the great southern land - Aus of course!!! .

New to the whole DE shaving and being going about it for the past 3 months...
All i can say is WOW... I wish i started earlier..

I only have one problem though... Its started to get ridiculously addictive. Im starting to collect soaps, creams, balms, blades and before my morning shave im choosing soap/cream based on my moods!

Looking forward to cruising this forum as it appears to be a giant manual on DE shaving!

welcome aboard!

be sure to join up to the 'great southern land' group - its where us aussies hang out

Thanks!... Awesome a dedicated Aussie part of the forums...

One q for the shavers out there; currently my order for the shave is;

Shower, lather & shave, rinse with hot water, rinse with cold water and aftershave balm.

I'm going to add the hot towel under the lather method straight after my shower and i've looked at investing in some Witch Hazel; should this be applied directly after the cold water rinse and before the balm???

i've looked at investing in some Witch Hazel; should this be applied directly after the cold water rinse and before the balm???
Hi. That's how most people do it. I dry my face first. You can get TN Dickinsons at Coles for about $7. Smells like stale tea and cheap vodka for 20 secs or so, but works.

Welcome southey, AD is a serious problem, I'll let you know if it's conquerable, after I check Ebay for vintage gillette safety razors and scuttles and blade deals and shave mugs!

I definitely sympathize with the "I wish I started earlier" feeling. I'm just glad it wasn't any later, these days it's all too easy to go for years, or decades, shaving with cartridges and not knowing there's a better way.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome mate.

More Aussies..... :thumbup1:

Think that's the first time we've heard that story ???

Most of us have probably been there, done that :001_tongu

Enjoy ya stay !

Last edited:
AD's
Only time will tell if you will survive the addiction. There is support here for you if you need it. Just remember: One Day At A Time. :wink:

And Welcome to The Wonderful World!

Thanks all, for the welcome. Hopefully when I have a few more months under my belt I can begin to contribute to this great site

Welcome to B&B. I think the AD's are worse when you're new, at least they were with me. As time goes on they'll calm down, I think. At least they have for me, but who knows when they'll flare up again. Its all part of this thing that we do. :tongue: :biggrin: :eek: :001_rolle

Welcome to B&B. I think the AD's are worse when you're new, at least they were with me. As time goes on they'll calm down, I think. At least they have for me, but who knows when they'll flare up again. Its all part of this thing that we do. :tongue: :biggrin: :eek: :001_rolle

I went hard when I first started, I'm not sure that my AD's have died, I think I've just become more selective.

Think it's almost time to get rid of some of my intial AD stuff to concentrate on what I like and what works for me :001_smile

Top Bottom