What's new

The Wolf has Landed

Feather is definitely my choice as well Tom .
Now the Brush is really important for me too
and the soap ,,well I just love everything when it all comes together. Here are some of my favorite things.
Dan I will post My thoughts a little later todayView attachment 1065011
Steve, I always admire your pictures and set ups. It is one of the things I most enjoy most about B&B, seeing great pictures of fine equipment. Yours always impress in composition quality. You clearly have a photographer's eye. Today is another great example.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I am in neither the want or the need camp for another Wolfman, but maybe curious. My name is in the queue (signed on in mid-November), but I am on sabbatical, so am 99% sure I will not pull the trigger even if my name is called in 2020. Besides, it doesn't get any better than my morning shave today with my WR2 paired with a fresh Feather and SV Dolomiti. I can substitute any brush or aftershave, but the razor, blade and soap combo for me is impossible to improve upon.

View attachment 1064998
Amen and Amen, Tom!!!

Hannah's Dad

Steve, I always admire your pictures and set ups. It is one of the things I most enjoy most about B&B, seeing great pictures of fine equipment. Yours always impress in composition quality. You clearly have a photographer's eye. Today is another great example.
Agreed. Steve’s pictures literally (well maybe not literally) burn holes in my wallet.

I have kept telling myself I'm fine with my gear, vintage is truly the best. But I can't stay away from these threads. I believe I keep having this itch because vintage isn't quite hitting the right spot. So I've added my name to the Wolfman list. I know it's a long wait, but I believe the wait will be worth it.

So thank you gentlemen, @Hannah's Dad, @It's Hedley, @Graydog, @BigJ, just to name a few.

Hannah's Dad

I have kept telling myself I'm fine with my gear, vintage is truly the best. But I can't stay away from these threads. I believe I keep having this itch because vintage isn't quite hitting the right spot. So I've added my name to the Wolfman list. I know it's a long wait, but I believe the wait will be worth it.

So thank you gentlemen, @Hannah's Dad, @It's Hedley, @Graydog, @BigJ, just to name a few.
You are very welcome David. You will not be sorry you pull the trigger on a Wolf.

Beware the Wolfman rabbit hole, David!

tumblr_mb1usvUbvE1rfvxe2o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
But I don't have a problem, Tom. I am in complete control. I got into de shaving simply to save money. And I must be, after all, those carts are expensive!
:a29:

And I also owe you a thank you for selling me that bridge. It's hard to believe no one owns the Brooklyn Bridge. Well someone does now, & that lucky guy is me!!!
I heard that Dan has some land for sale :)

Graydog

Biblical Innards

Dan ,Tom and David, I have a Love for Vintage Gillette Razors
I have shaved with everything that I could get My hands on . I still have way more than I need
and never thought about Timeless or Wolfman
and then one day this place we call a shave Haven with all the enablers out in full force got
to me :) first it was a Stainless steel Timeless open comb .95 and then we'll if you thought the SS was something else you just need to try the Polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 and I thought that was it for Razors and there was no need for a Wolfman and besides they cost way to much and are really hard to get.
And then James Mr Wolfman himself made it easier to get one with his list, so I put my name on it in September and thought will see what happens. Well it Happened :)
The Wolfman WR2 only cost me $15.00 more than a polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped would cost me (I polished my own Ti) and saved some money buying S&D .
Today's Shave, Timeless Titanium and the WR2 Wolfman with fresh feather blades and
one of my favorite soaps of all time and with probably My favorite Badger brush a 26mm SHD knot with a Handle made from the MAGIC MAPLE tree as some call her :) Today's Shave makes me have no regrets about spending money on 2 modern
made works of Art .
They both are just amazing Razors and for MY Face there is nothing else that can give me as close and comfortable a shave as these Two. Glass is the best way to describe the post shave feel
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200131094019990_COVER.jpg

The Wolfman was a great addition and I could not be happier.
Today's SOTD
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200220080450154_COVER.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I have shaved with everything that I could get My hands on . I still have way more than I need
and then one day this place we call a shave Haven with all the enablers out in full force got
to me :) first it was a Stainless steel Timeless open comb .95 and then we'll if you thought the SS was something else you just need to try the Polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 and I thought that was it for Razors and there was no need for a Wolfman and besides they cost way to much and are really hard to get.
And then James Mr Wolfman himself made it easier to get one with his list, so I put my name on it in September and thought will see what happens. Well it Happened :)
The Wolfman WR2 only cost me $15.00 more than a polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped would cost me (I polished my own Ti) and saved some money buying S&D .
Today's Shave, Timeless Titanium and the WR2 Wolfman with fresh feather blades and
one of my favorite soaps of all time and with probably My favorite Badger brush a 26mm SHD knot with a Handle made from the MAGIC MAPLE tree as some call her :) Today's Shave makes me have no regrets about spending money on 2 modern
made works of Art .
They both are just amazing Razors and for MY Face there is nothing else that can give me as close and comfortable a shave as these Two. Glass is the best way to describe the post shave feelView attachment 1065177
Today's SOTD
View attachment 1065183
Steve,That is simply awesome my friend. It sounds like you found your destination razors.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks Tom for the kind words, it's fun for me and it's such a small area I have to be mindful of placement . My Wife just shakes Her head :)

made works of Art .
They both are just amazing Razors and for MY Face there is nothing else that can give me as close and comfortable a shave as these Two. Glass is the best way to describe the post shave feelView attachment 1065177
Today's SOTD
View attachment 1065183

That is one gorgeous looking handle on your brush, not to mention two superb looking razors. Can i ask what, what gap did you get on your Wolfman? and if you had to only pick one razor which would it be?

made works of Art .
Today's SOTD
View attachment 1065183

They really are modern works of art. Seriously, look at those beautiful razors! I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon B&B to learn about all these great tools for shaving! :thumbup:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
That is one gorgeous looking handle on your brush, not to mention two superb looking razors. Can i ask what, what gap did you get on your Wolfman? and if you had to only pick one razor which would it be?
The Wolfman WR2 is a 1.15 with a solid handle.

If I had to choose one it would be the Polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 ,
It just feels a tad better on my face , but I am glad that I don't have to choose between the two and happy that I have both.

Now let me ask you something,
Would you pay over $3,000,000.00 for the Black Strat ? :)

The Wolfman WR2 is a 1.15 with a solid handle.

If I had to choose one it would be the Polished Titanium Timeless Scalloped .95 ,
It just feels a tad better on my face , but I am glad that I don't have to choose between the two and happy that I have both.

Now let me ask you something,
Would you pay over $3,000,000.00 for the Black Strat ? :)

nice, you got the 'matching' timeless 95 and woflman 1.15 blade gaps for efficiency so great comparison. Can i ask ya one more question... i have a SS T95 but never used the titanium and noticed you had the SS yourself, is there that much of a difference between those two?

In regards to your question, easy answer mate.. NO i wouldnt pay that much for David Gilmour's strat because i would never ever have the funds to do so, unless i lived a thousand lifetimes...

But IF i was crapping out gold nuggets and wiping my arse with $100 bills, then yes :)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
nice, you got the 'matching' timeless 95 and woflman 1.15 blade gaps for efficiency so great comparison. Can i ask ya one more question... i have a SS T95 but never used the titanium and noticed you had the SS yourself, is there that much of a difference between those two?

In regards to your question, easy answer mate.. NO i wouldnt pay that much for David Gilmour's strat because i would never ever have the funds to do so, unless i lived a thousand lifetimes...

But IF i was crapping out gold nuggets and wiping my arse with $100 bills, then yes :)

The Titanium Timeless besides the weight
for me it has a softer face feel , just something about the Titanium . The SS Timeless is a very nice Razor and I still use it but not as much as the Titanium Or the Wolfman .

Top Bottom